Happy Independence Day!!

by Gayle 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

"Freedom is a grand thing to celebrate!" We came from a culture that we couldn't be 'independent.' But we made it!

Celebrate it!! Fireworks and all!! ( Some can't openly celebrate it yet, but maybe in spirit)

• Simon
    Simon

I can't believe that in just 20-odd years since it's release, that movie has now established it's own special day of celebration. Americans really love their movies, especially that one it seems.

Unbelievable.

I haven't seen the follow-up yet so no spoilers please.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Celebrating with our "evil" neighbors tonight. Funny, we were invited to the neighborhood event but nothing from our "loving brotherhood" in years.

• Bw500
    Bw500

This is my first 4th of July celebration. I'm going downtown to see the fireworks, I even bought a flag scarf to wear just for this (although I might wear it when I go vote for the first time too).

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Gayle, it's true, tho growing up in a 'free country' we weren't free!

Freedom feels fantastic now!!

I bought a 'Live Free' T-shirt a couple years ago. This year I got a patriotic/silly Darth Vader/Uncle Sam shirt that says 'I want YOU (to come to the dark side.' Which for an ex witness had two significant allusions..:).

Every election day I wear my 'Let your voice be heard.' T shirt.

These things mean a lot to me.

Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY, everyone!! And if you aren't free now, hopefully you are working towards it in your own way!

• MrsR-Awaken
    MrsR-Awaken

It's our Independence of this cult!! Celebrate it with fireworks and everything!! Freedom is the best feeling ever, Jdubs say they have the best life ever... but fuck that Reality is the best life ever Be like Kevin!!!! Happy 4th of July!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Happy ID4 Guys ( even though its the 5th where I am)

smiddy

• kaik
    kaik

I got a new flag and raised on my backyard in the spirit of the national independence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit