Australian JW's and child abuse redress scheme

by Tantalon 7 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Hi fellow apostates, here is a link about the redress scheme from the ARC into child abuse and JWs refusal to participate. Enjoy; https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/01/six-groups-fail-to-join-australias-national-child-abuse-redress-scheme

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks for the link.

• cofty
    cofty

The Victorian Reason party MP Fiona Patten singled out the Jehovah’s Witnesses for criticism, saying the royal commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse had examined allegations that more than 1,800 children were abused by 1,006 perpetrators in Jehovah’s institutions.

“Jehovah’s Witnesses reported zero allegations to authorities or police and now refuse to provide redress to victims,” Patten said.

“The Jehovah’s Witnesses are an absolute disgrace.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The WTB&TS / Jehovah`s Witnesses are doing a great job in dragging Jehovah`s name through the mud.

• Half banana
    Half banana

It makes me wonder whether the GB's digging their heels in attitude will be death of them?

Instead of thinking of how they might help the abused young people their response is there must be "two witnesses" ....because that's what it says in the Bible.

If this heartlessness is what it means to be a believer, should it not wake up all concerned, GB included, that something is seriously amiss with Jehovah's Witnesses?

• jp1692
    jp1692

JWs in Australia “refuse to accept [their] moral obligation and responsibility” in regard to victims of sexual abuse within their religion. - Social Services Minister Anne Ruston

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12406850

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

These are news which won't make it on jw org.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Half banana - "It makes me wonder whether the GB's digging their heels in attitude will be death of them?"

Looking back over the years at all the slowly and steadily escalating rhetoric and propaganda, the steadfast refusal to acknowledge anything that suggests they might be wrong, and the annoying refusal of the world around them to not fall into apocalyptic chaos...

...I think that that there would always have been a point where the Org would stop budging and defy the larger world, no matter the outcome. If it didn't happen organically, it would have been by design.

They'd proceed from the assumption (or rather, desperate hope) that at that point, God would step in and save them, thus vindicating them all along...

...and if not, I suspect that deep down, they'd rather crash-and-burn than submit, just like every other dead authoritarian regime in history.

We just might be seeing it now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit