Consumption of Blood

by MikeJH 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• MikeJH
    MikeJH

I am new to this and recently converted, so please forgive my ignorance.

I am trying not to sin and don't understand something. It says in Leviticus that you cannot consume blood, so no blood transfusions. I understand this. My question is, if I eat beef, can I not eat it if cooked rare?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Be warned this is a site for apostate leaning JWs. True wutnesses do not have any open forums.

That said, the mosaic law says animals are to be bled. Not wringed out. Kosher meat is bled as is almost all American meat. Some jews will hang slices on a rack to let more juice drain. Note that cooked meat still has cooked blood in it.

You can ask your bible e teacher and the elders but be prepared for conflicting opinions. Note that they are opinions, not supported by WT law. It gets worse when assessing fractions of blood in medical procedures.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome to the forum MikeJH!

It is interesting that Jews could eat animals found dead in their fields (unbled) with relative impunity. They would merely have to wash their clothes and be unclean until evening.

Leviticus 11:38,39 - "If an animal that you are allowed to eat dies, anyone who touches its carcass will be unclean till evening. Anyone who eats some of its carcass must wash their clothes, and they will be unclean till evening. Anyone who picks up the carcass must wash their clothes, and they will be unclean till evening." Also Leviticus17:14,15

So enjoy your rare steak Bro!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

All milk has blood cells in it. Witnesses never seem to flinch over that. The Watchtower even encourages breastfeeding. The length of time a piece of animal flesh is exposed to heat has no bearing on the amount of blood it has in it at the time of consumption.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All the years that I was in, we used to say that provided the meat had come from a commercial abattoir then it would have been bled , thus complying with God’s law .It is the venous blood that matters not the residue in the fibres of the meat.

Food is not usually a problem, it is the application of that rule to medical transfusion of blood that causes an issue. I would recommend the website ajwrb.com

if you read there you will know more about the issue than most Witnesses.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Blues--that link doesnt work.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to this site MikeJH please tell us a little about yourself ? Why did you convert to Jehovah`s Witnesses ?

What appealed to you ?

Are you open minded enough to examine the past history of Jehovah`s Witnesses ? and reason on why they keep changing their interpretations of scripture, when what they have claimed doesn`t come to pass ?

Don`t be afraid to examine your new found beliefs .

Take care .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Try again fora link to ajwrb

https://www.ajwrb.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit