Religious Affiliation

by Anna Marina 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

UK court case - does anyone know if there are actual court cases docs online to do with a May 12th News item on the Watchtower's official website?

The news item says that the Court of Appeal of England and Wales dismissed an application to appeal a decision of the High Court upholding the Watchtower's right to follow Bible directives regarding disfellowshipping.

It's proving difficult to find online docs about this.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

I also saw that on jworg but like you I could not find anything to confirm it , even on the court of appeal site ,

Even if true in a court of law would it be true in the court of public opinion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jun 7, 2019 - In a judgment handed down on 9 March 2017, the Court of Appeal held that ... (7) Whether the decision to disfellowship Mr Otuo was ultra vires. ... In Otuo v Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Britain [2019] EWHC 571 (QB), ... England and Wales as approved by the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society ...

Is this what you are looking for Anna Marina ?

This is how I found this site by highliting and paste your words.

Court of Appeal of England and Wales dismissed an application to appeal a decision of the High Court upholding the Watchtower's right to follow Bible directives regarding disfellowshipping.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Thank you both - much appreciated.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Having read through the Court Documents, one thing struck me, the Judge Ruled that the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, if it made a decision on its own, it would not make the Watchtower Society of G.B. vicariously liable for that decision. The CCJW is an independent , non-profit Charity, and as such has no great funds, and so, any Legal Action against them, cannot expect to get huge, probably deserved, payouts.

Any future legal Action that seeks damages and Costs should NOT seek them against this body, if liability, arising from say an Abuse claim, can be proved to be having a connection to Watchtower. This ruling may affect Court decisions in the U.S.A. which has a similar legal entity, staffed by JW's who have made a Vow of Poverty, if I recall. This is an attempt, by the J.W org. to avoid rightful compensation to Abuse victims in the main it seems.

I would like to find out if the poor bro. who was never paid back his Loan while this Case was in progress, ever got his money ???? I rather doubt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit