What results are the letter writing having?

by purrpurr 5 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Most Jws are restricted to letter writing ministry right now. Of course I've heard a load of highly dubious 'encouraging experiences' about it already.

But what I'm wondering is how these letters are actually being received and what effect they are really having?

I also find it disturbing that jws are being told to put their home address on the letters they send out. Surely this puts them at risk?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Newsoaoer had an article about the witnesses and mormons in lockdown. A name you recognize from assemblies was telling about all wonderful experiences and return visits from letters and phone calls. What i have seen is 1 returned with a born againer rebuttal, a very few polite non commital conversations, and a pile of addressee moved. Here the return is the KH for safety and anonymity. Those same people who didnt answer the door also dont answer the phone or open junk mail

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Well, the USPS is getting a lot more revenue as 1 million+ JWs in the US are buying millions of books of stamps.

Oh, did you mean "results" as in "people wanting to convert to being a JW"? If so, then the answer is, technically speaking, "Bupkus".

• alanv
    alanv

They really shouldnt put their address on a letter, if they dont know the person they have sent the letter to. If they want a reply it would be better to put a phone number, then if there is any problem, you just block that person.

• jhine
    jhine

I received one but the address on it was for the local Kingdom Hall , although the writer did sign her name .

It finished with " If you would like to respond to this letter you may do so at the above address ( KH ) or on [email protected] "

I did respond on the email option ( l started a thread about this and put the response there ) but had no reply .

I live in Tamworth UK .

Jan

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing is certain: They are getting good results on wasting money on postage stamps and time. Here are some things they could have bought with the stamp money:

For 2 letters, they could have bought one song that they could enjoy.

For 5 letters, they could have bought a 40 ounce jar of peanut butter, which could help when The Famine hits.

For around 20 letters, they could have bought a 20 pound bag of rice.

For the price of 30 letters, they could have picked up a couple of silver half dollars or several silver dimes.

For 35 or 40 letters, they could have picked up a decent set of screwdrivers, or a good set of pliers and an adjustable wrench.

Around 10 letters' worth buys a 6-pack of good quality toilet paper (not the single ply version, either).

For 15 letters' worth, one can get a 40 pack of AA batteries or 12 D batteries. You can get a real good flashlight for about 4 or 5 times this--and rechargeable batteries run 30 letters per 8-pack of Eneloops plus another 40 or so for a charger that can charge them (obviously, better 16-bay chargers or chargers that can charge 8 D cells will be more).

One standard blackout candle costs only 3 letters' worth.

It is obvious that the jokehovians are not able to do anything that might help them during the coming shortages. Whether it be essentials, toys, fun things, or tools, writing all those letters wastes so much on postage and envelopes that they will not be able to afford these other things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit