Crisis of Conscience Raymond Franz

by Disassociated Lady 2 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

This book has been recommended to me a few times.

Is it worth reading?

How could I get a copy without paying the massive amount stated on Amazon and Ebay?

• cofty
    cofty

Hornet's nest - big stick - poke

• Ding
    Ding

The book is DEFINITELY worth reading... a must read really...

Sorry, but I don't know the market.

Some libraries have it where you can read it for free.

• Zoos
    Zoos

DL2, you have a private message.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

As Ding said it is definitely worth reading. It's the best book ever in the ex-JW universe.

• Chook
    Chook

Just like when the mediaeval priests didn't allow the parishioners to read the Bible this is the modern version of that with the governing body mot wanting the publisher to read crisis of conscience . Power is knowledge. When most JWs think the men in Brooklyn are guided by God but in reality it's a democratic process which they need to get 66% vote

• RogueLeader
    RogueLeader

This is THE book that sealed the deal for me Disassociated Lady 2. It definitely IS a good read, not to be missed. I'm now reading Apocalypse Delayed (by M. James Penton) which is another good book. But read Crisis of Conscience first. You won't regret it!

• Ding
    Ding

If anyone on the forum has avoided reading Crisis of Conscience because the WT told you it is a bitter, hate-filled book, please take the word of those of us who have read it that it is not that at all.

In fact, one of the remarkable things to me is the absence of bitterness in it despite what the WT did to Ray Franz.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I heard of people getting df'd for having that book.

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

Thank you for all your comments and thank you to the lovely member who sent me a PDF copy...I am looking forward to reading it :-) xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit