"Preach in all seasons...troublesome and fine" 2 Tim4:2

by stuckinarut2 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Preach the "urgent" life saving message in ALL seasons and circumstances says 2Tim 4:2 right?

Oh except if it's cold, hot, windy, snowy, rainy or you have done an hour of walking etc... Then just gather in a coffee shop and chat with witness friends...

So urgent indeed....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You forgot to add that it is ALWAYS either, cold, hot, windy, snowy, rainy, or they are tired from walking talking.

Let's go have coffee & donuts.

Doc

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

When I was fading I used to do the absolute minimum when out on field misery, like staying at the group for as long as poss and taking the longest route to the territory, pioneer pace etc.

Then it suddenly dawned on me that I'd just become like most Jdubs out on service, staggering from coffee to Ice cream with no urgency whatsoever.

• sir82
    sir82
    "Preach in all seasons....by standing about 50 feet away from a cart with magazines on it, while smiling like a vacuous simpleton and hoping nobody bothers to make eye contact"
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

Being from sunny south florida, I can tell you I hated preaching in the summer months. It was suffocating. So we would rush under the nearest tree shade, spend half hour chit chatting there until it was time to move to the next shade.

Looking back now, we probably could have visited all the houses in our small territories in about 20 mins, but we would always manage to somehow stretch it out to at least 2 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit