The name of god explained

by Steel 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

https://youtu.be/1sMQa78fY3Y

We all have our own journeys out of the WTS and each person has a different trigger point. If you watch this video from about the 22 min to 32 min , its something a person cant unseen.

I know the average jw doesnt care about the bible but for the odd one that is sincere, this might be a great seed to plant.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I found it a very interesting / entertaining video , though I`m not quite sure what to make of it all just now .

I will need to ponder on it and absorb it all for future comment.

It certainly gives you food for thought if you take the Bible literally as the word of God.

For those of us who do not believe the Bible is the word of God directed /sanctioned by him ,it could just mean more examples of contradictions and inconsistencies in the text .

I look forward to others comments on this video

.In the meantime I would like to point out a few facts about the name of God in the New Testament.

Matthew ,Mark,luke,John ,the 4 Apostles , not one of them used the name Jehovah/Yahweh ,the 12 disciples , not one of them ever used the personal name of God ,Jehovah/yahweh .

Jesus Christ never in the New Testament used the personal name of God either Jehovah or Yahweh.

The kingdom Interlinear of The Christian Greek Scriptures published by the WTB&TS , a word for word translation of the Greek into English does not contain the tetragrammaton , the 4 hebrew letters representing Gods name in the Old Testament .

Usually represented as JHVH ,but more accurately , YHWH ,either Jehovah or Yahweh

So the fact that Jehovahs Witnesses use that name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures /New Testament are in violation of Deut:4:2 , and 12:32 , ....Rev.22:18

Words to the effect of anybody adding to these scrolls be accursed .

Maybe thats why the WTB&TS / Jehovahs Witnesses have never got any of their predictions , prophecys right in over 100 years of claiming to be Gods spokesperson the ,only channell of comunication God is using today.

Thanks for posting this Steel

Take care.

• Steel
    Steel

I always thought it was strange that somehow using the name jehovah somehow made us the true christians but never really an arguement against it.

Now i realize what the bible was really talking about using the term .....using the name of god......

I also now realize why everyone died at the end of the first Indiania Jones movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit