New JW article - Help children deal with disturbing news reports

by Listener 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

The Watchtower has the audacity to think it is some authority on the matter of telling parents how to deal with news reports that may disturb them, when for decades it has been promoting a horrific destruction of 99% of people currently living on earth, including detailed pictures in their own 'news reports'.

Why would people print disturbing news reports? One reason that they provide specifically relates to themselves as well

Children may have trouble putting the news in perspective. They may not realize that news agencies are businesses that profit from having a large audience. Therefore, a report may be sensationalized to keep the attention of anxious viewers.

Then there is this advise which shows just how cruel and stupid they are

Listen patiently, respond empathetically. If it is difficult for your child to talk about the event, suggest that he draw a picture about it instead. Address your child’s concerns using terms he will understand, but avoid discussing needless details about the event.

Child professionals don't recommend that children draw a picture of the event that has disturbed and troubled them, instead they suggest that young children, who may find it difficult to talk about their worries, draw a picture to express their own feelings.

You parents, can you imagine or even think of telling your child to draw a picture of the thing that they have been scared of or worried about? That's just sick. Drawing it only helps to imprint the horrible scene onto the child's mind.

But what I find the most amazing is that they don't even bother to tell parents to teach their children to pray and ask for the strength to deal with the problem. And this is a so called religion?????

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/help-children-deal-with-news/

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'Don't worry, Billy. God will kill them all soon anyway.'

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    'Don't worry, Billy. God will kill them all soon anyway.'

"Billy, come sit down and read together Revelation 19:17-21":

(Revelation 19:17-21) I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them, and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.” ... 21 But the rest were killed off with the long sword that proceeded out of the mouth of the one seated on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And if I may add fast Jehu , If it is difficult for your child to talk about the event, suggest that he draw a picture about it instead.

And don`t beat about the bush son/daughter be as graphic as you can so I can see where your coming from that I maybe able to scare you more so you wont leave our "true religion".

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

From the same people who drew the scariest childrens book of all and put comic book covers on the WT.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Disturbing news? Like that they will be destroyed soon in a gruesome way unless they obey some alien agenda that goes totally against nature?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit