This man knows more about sanctity of life than the entire governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses

by CookieMonster 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

Sikh man uses turban to save dog from drowning in canal

When Sarwan Singh a devout Sikh saw a dog drowning in a canal he decided to act immediately to save the dogs life. He took off his turban which is a sacred symbol of his religion. You are only allowed to take it off while bathing or at home but not in public which is disrespectful. He made a rope out of it, clambered down, tied it around the dog and lifted it back to safety.

He said “The moment I started taking off my turban, people watching around were shocked. They thought I was disrespecting my faith,” he added, “but what was important at that point was to save the animal’s life.”

A man who truly understands the sanctity of life, the governing body should read this and hang their heads in shame. How many more more lives will have to be sacrificed on operating tables for refusal of blood transfusions? How many more before they realize that life is more sacred than the symbol which represents it?

You can read the heart warming story and watch the video on the link above.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Brilliant item, shame on shunners and look the other way people. Credit to his God and society

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good article.

A religious man who has a good sense of perspective and puts common sense before religious doctrine.

The Sikhs seem to be well-integrated in the UK, as far as I can tell.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    A religious man who has a good sense of perspective and puts common sense before religious doctrine.

Sorry to sound preachy, but Jesus taught the same thing:

Luke 14:1 - 6:

On another occasion he [Jesus] went to eat a meal in the house of one of the leaders of the Pharisees on the Sabbath, and they were closely watching him. (2) And look! a man who had dropsy was in front of him. (3) So in response Jesus asked those versed in the Law and the Pharisees: “Is it lawful to cure on the Sabbath or not?” (4) But they kept silent. With that he took hold of the man, healed him, and sent him away. (5) Then he said to them: “Who of you, if his son or bull falls into a well, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?” (6) And they were not able to reply to this.

Someone else has compared that passage before, to the JW blood doctrine. Bear in mind that (from memory) the punishment for working on the Sabbath was death, whereas for consuming blood the punishment was you had to keep away, for a day.

Edit: consuming blood meant you had to was and bathe and you were unclean for a day: Leviticus 17:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit