Leaked Elder's Video: How to deal with a suicidal sister

by cappytan 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thinking about this video more rationally - and accepting it as official WT policy - I have some more thoughts.

Here in UK we have the charity 'The Samaritans' which runs anonymous phone helplines, and more. They do a superb job provid'Samaritans'ing someone to talk to when suicidal. They are trained and know what they are doing. My mother, my brother, and ex-wife #1 were 'Samaritans' and I have a huge respect for this charity. ('Charity' in its proper sense, not the WT sort). It is widely regarded.

I would love to forward this video to the Samaritans and ask for their comments.

I was also thinking about the ARC. Mr Stewart perceptively noted the 'captive concept' of this cult. Would forwarding a copy of this video enhance the understanding of the ARC about their cult procedures?

And the current UK enquiry under HHJ Lowell Goddard. This video, = current teaching, may inform the enquiry.

And, less rationally, that sleazeball slimeball elder in the video needs a smack or a kick in the nuts to wipe that greasy smile off his face. (That was not a rational comment, and I apologise for it.)

• atomant
    atomant

Joe grundy , the comment the older elder needs a kick in the nuts is a perfectly rational comment and l concur.How on earth will memorizing a couple of scriptures and repeating out loud if necessary help her through her grief is beyond me.lf this is the best advice the gb can give to their elders to help depressed people in their time of need god help us all.What can l say apart from is this a set up or a joke of some kind?lt cant be for real can it?Surely not.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"What can l say apart from is this a set up or a joke of some kind?lt cant be for real can it?Surely not."

I hope that it is a set-up, a joke or a parody -but from what I've read here it (sadly) seems to be genuine.

Can anyone here confirm this as 100% genuine? If so, it needs to be promulgated.

• Mephis
    Mephis

It's genuine Joe. They used it to train elders in how to interact with people with depression.

They do have better articles dealing with depression and mental health issues (July 2009 Awake I think?) but that video is one of the more typical brainless ones where they go back to the normal line of 'read the bible more, pray more, do more for Jehovah - you're still depressed because you're not doing enough'.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It is a very deluded video. Very unrealistic. As usual, everyone in the videos end up happily ever after. These Elders are not professionals and are not trained to handle these deep issues.

I think it is great if they show this at the CLAM meeting. Maybe it will open even more eyes.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"It's genuine Joe. They used it to train elders in how to interact with people with depression"

Thank you. If they're going to show this at CLAM meetings, it over-rides any subsequent more proper advice.

Now to promulgate it. Let them hang by their own petard, I say.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Just some thoughts:

1. Mary leaves the KH in tears (No-one notices or cares)

2. She asks for help

3. More tears 'I can't take this any more'

4. 'Emotional setback'? FFS! She is a young woman, recently bereaved. EMOTIONAL SETBACK?

5. 'I can't get over this. I'm worn out. I don't wish to go on.'

6. Satan???

7. Integrity? Feelings?

8. Relate to Job

10. Integrity keeper. Immoral thoughts.

11. Read Psalms

12. 'I need all the help I can get'

13. Look to/focus on the future

14. Your assignment

15. Cookies!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

OK, numptie question.

When I click on the video in the OP I get a brief (blue) link, then it goes straight into the video.

How do I find a link thing I can include in an e-mail to those who need to see this?

Thanks.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Click into the title of the video, then you get the youtube-link in your browser URL

• cofty
    cofty
    How do I find a link thing I can include in an e-mail to those who need to see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn0PlSe5Rrg

It might be on the official website too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit