Leaked Elder's Video: How to deal with a suicidal sister

by cappytan 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

Wow

That's right up there with snake handlers and faith healers. When dealing with a suicidal person you use medical professionals.

Fuck me, these men are more deluded than I ever thought. This video is a lawsuit. I can't believe they would still play this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

.......but sister if you kill yourself you wont be able to publicly pass around the organization's publications and this will make Jehovah frown and be very unhappy.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Think of it this way: What if the woman had said "Sometimes I think I'll just pull out my loaded Smith & Wesson from my bedside table and blow my brains out"? Would the elders simply eat their cookies, smile, and leave?**

Professionals would advise strongly, to never leave a suicidal person alone. When especially after she just mentioned her method of doing so. I couldn't see a professional therapist eating cookies and leaving a suicidal woman behind at her home with her suicide weapon in her garage. The rank and file are going to view this as being gospel spiritual food. And go home thinking that would be practical advice.

• eva luna
    eva luna

As maddening as it , I am not surprised .

They play the doctor with many mental health issues.

They play the Police when it comes to the molestation of children.

The two issues can overlap.

[they also play marriage therapists , experts on the use of blood and the alternatives, child therapists... you get it]

• freddo
    freddo
    So we can pray to Jehovah without invoking his son's "through me" telephone exchange?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I should call the elders and threaten to kill myself.

I want to pray to jehovah but I am not sure if I part of the 1914 ers or the 1935 ers or the overlappers or do I pray to the c.o then he prays to the magical seven or do you take my letters to Santa to magical seven yoursel. Not really sure what the understanding of the fds is this week..

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Is there any precedent for materials making their way from the top secret elders school to general distribution? I wonder if this might be a sign that they're having trouble keeping up with the demands of content creation for the new meeting.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    First they showed the video to the elders to demonstrate what to say to "fix" the depressed. Evidently that didn't work well enough, so now they're showing the video to the entire congregation to demonstrate how the depressed are supposed to be "fixed" by the woefully untrained and unqualified elders.
  • Melchisedek
    Melchisedek
    Who has in Russian, please!!!
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

No one has mentioned that "Mary's" emotions were triggered by the song, and the elders acknowledge this.

I distinctly remember watching a widow repeatedly leave the KH in tears because of the f'ed up songs - no matter at the beginning, middle, or end of the meeting.

A deliberate cult move. (The lead cult elder always had a satisfied look on his face when she teared up.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit