Leaked Elder's Video: How to deal with a suicidal sister

by cappytan 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan

This video will be played at one of the CLAM meetings in March 2016.

The content is kind of old news because it is a recut version of a previous video produced for the Elder's School. (I believe....correct me if I'm wrong.)

However, it's still significant because it shows that the organization still has dissenting brothers in positions of leadership.

My thanks to the leaker. Feel free to claim credit here. (Not sure if you wished to remain anonymous.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn0PlSe5Rrg

• Mephis
    Mephis

It's the elders school video from a few years back, yeah. I remember watching it and thinking that at no point do they suggest getting some professional help for a lady who's expressing suicidal thoughts. So how are people who see this at the CLAM going to feel when chanting Psalms doesn't cure their serious depression? Stupid religion.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    This video will be played at the CLAM meeting of March 21-27
    Use Insight When Comforting Others: (15 min.) Discussion. Play the video that the elders viewed at a recent Kingdom Ministry School. Then invite comments on how the two brothers were a good example of how to give encouragement when someone expresses anguish over the death of a loved one.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ironic considering it's the "you're not good enough" "only marry in the Lord" "women are stupid and weak" messages given at meetings that causes the depression that causes the suicidal thoughts.

Like parking an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Creepy!!! That elder at the end there, he looks skyward and he acts like as if he just won the, Super Bowl.

Creepy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the guy at the end was thanking god for the cookies he was about to receive..

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Chant after me "I am an integrity keeper, I am an integrity keeper". The visualise that creepy leering elder. Then get the car keys, "where is the garage?.

By the way. As Mephis mentioned. If someone has not only described thinking about suicide but has planned the method they would use, they need immediate professional help.

• Watchtower-Free
  • sir82
    sir82

I'm rather shocked they are continuing to show this video.

As was commented years ago when this video was first leaked (from the elders school), the elders herein demonstrate astonishingly irresponsible behavior.

The lady described her suicidal thoughts, and the method she had considered. In effect, her car would be a suicide weapon,

After the elders eat their cookies, the presumption is they'll just pick up and go....leaving behind a suicidal woman alone, with access to the weapon she indicated she considered using. No mention of getting her professional help, or at the very extreme least not leaving her alone, is even considered.

Think of it this way: What if the woman had said "Sometimes I think I'll just pull out my loaded Smith & Wesson from my bedside table and blow my brains out"? Would the elders simply eat their cookies, smile, and leave?

A suicidal person with access to a weapon, be it a gun or a car, should never be left alone without professional intervention.

We all know the WTS monitors this board. They would have seen this criticism years ago. Yet they plan to show this video not only to elders, but now to the whole organization.

How many more JW suicides will it take before they get a friggin' clue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit