Teeth of the Tiger (OT)

by Bendrr 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Anyone else here a Tom Clancy fan?

I haven't read everything he's written. Actually only a handful. Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, and now the latest installment Teeth of the Tiger.

I remember reading DoH and EO and thinking at the time "what if something like this were to actually happen?" Then came that morning a couple of years ago and the first thing I thought of was Tom Clancy. Pretty scary then. True, the terrorist who crashed the airliner wasn't Middle Eastern in DoH but who would have thought of such a thing back then?

I just finished Teeth of the Tiger a few days ago. It was a good book, but to me didn't live up to DoH and EO. I'm expecting a sequel, hoping for one anyways. The story just can't be over with yet!

If you haven't read it, I strongly recommend it. Maybe even go back and read the others too, if you like to read. In light of the changed world we live in now, the plot is pretty scary and will make you look over your shoulder next time you're in a shopping mall.

Mike.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Mike,

I was a big fan of Tom Clancy, then 'the wall' came down........changed the whole spy thing.....wasn't as interesting anymore without the big bad Soviets around anymore.

It sounds like he has changed his themes a little to fit the times?

I will have to pick up the Teeth book.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit