Who sits on the Throne of God

by JW Answers 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    That may be true, but the bible DOES state explicitly that Jesus is God and the bible does NOT say explicitly that Jesus is not God. Just saying... that according to the scriptures..Jesus is God but not the Father - TTWSYF

Well that's not true. There is a clear evolution of Christology in the bible. It is perfectly simple to cherry-pick texts that show Jesus is inferior to the father in every sense and it's not difficult to cherry-pick texts (as JWA does) to show that Jesus is equated with almighty god. Trading proof-texts is too tedious to waste time on.

By the way I just noticed I have unfinished business....

I will respond asap, may apologies.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

...well since Cersei just died, I was kind of expecting it to be Daenerys, but now I'm thinking it is gonna be Jon Snow.

Wait, what throne are we talking about?...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I recently saw, God does not actually sit on a throne. Take a look.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The unforgivable sin comment made by Jesus disconnects him from a three part God.

He said you could sin against the son and still be forgiven. He did not mention what would happen if you sinned against the father. He only mentioned that sinning against the holy spirit is an unforgivable sin.

The spirit that was with Jesus during his ministry could do independent acts that Jesus had no control over. The healing of the woman with the excessive blood flow was performed by the spirit and not by Jesus. This means there was a mind behind the power of the spirit and therefore an independent person. This sounds like the holy spirit is greater than the father and the son put together.

Maybe the Holy Spirit is running the Universal show and is the ultimate law above the Father and Son. God did say that he searched the universe for someone like him but he could not find that kind of being. This suggests that God came into existence automatically and could have been created by this spirit. Maybe God the father is subject to this Spirit.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    cofty15 days ago
    That may be true, but the bible DOES state explicitly that Jesus is God and the bible does NOT say explicitly that Jesus is not God. Just saying... that according to the scriptures..Jesus is God but not the Father - TTWSYF

Well that's not true. There is a clear evolution of Christology in the bible

I was wondering what exactly wasn't true in my post. That the bible does not explicitly state that Jesus is God? I am of the opinion that your statement about the evolution of Christology in the bible is false. In the opening gospels recounting the birth of Christ, the wise men and the shepherds are described as worshiping Jesus. I know the JW bible changes the words from worship, but the texts use the same language that describes the worship of God. Right from the get go. There was NO development of worship in the scriptures. It was there from the beginning. Early Church Father Justin Martyr's 1st apology [which he wrote on or about 155-157ad] shows that the Church understood Jesus to be God some 230 years before the bible was confirmed as the word of God [which was around 382ad]

The idea that Jesus evolved to be God in the bible is patently false. He was always God in the flesh according to the bible even though there are scriptures that imply that he was subject to the Father, which would make sense as the Word of God. The Father's words are alive with all of the authority of the Father himself. The Father has given Jesus ALL authority in heaven and on earth according to the bible....

just saying that

The Truth Will Set You Free

• cofty
    cofty

Chronologically - Paul has no interest in a physical Jesus. For him the exaltation of Jesus is all about the resurrection event.

Mark - Has no birth narrative and virtually nothing about the resurrection. For Mark the key moment is Jesus' baptism and anointing.

Matthew and Luke push Jesus' divine origins back to a miraculous conception and birth.

Only when we get to John's gospel written long after the events it describes do we first find a developed doctrine of a pre-human divine being.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Cofty, really? An hr and 40 min of what? Some other guys opinion that you wish was true?

The scriptures were written decades after the Church was already established. The complete cannon was not accepted until 382ad. The Church already was teaching that Jesus was God,

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bart Ehrman argues that Paul believed Jesus was an angel before he came to earth, citing Gal 4:14 among other scriptures.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I would say Thanos.

However the JW doctrines are correct on who God is, Jehovah and who Jesus is, Jehovah's son. And I would say that so many here do not even understand the JW doctrines to even comment on them.

For example Finkelstein said on page 1. "As far as I understood the JWS doctrines of faith, they claimed that Jesus is the one who took his heavenly throne in 1914 not Jehovah". Nope, that is not JW doctrine. From Saul to David and his descendants on to Jesus, they represented Jehovah, first on the throne in Jerusalem, the Jesus in heavenly Jerusalem. Jesus is to be king for 1000 years, then turn the kingdom back to his father.

• Chook
    Chook

According to WT dogma the 8 popes of Warwick speak on behalf of the throne of god. The most holy Tony Morris is the modern incarnation of Christ, water into scotch is this years miracle. The governing body are evil bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit