Who sits on the Throne of God

by JW Answers 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    That may be true, but the bible DOES state explicitly that Jesus is God and the bible does NOT say explicitly that Jesus is not God. Just saying... that according to the scriptures..Jesus is God but not the Father - TTWSYF

Well that's not true. There is a clear evolution of Christology in the bible. It is perfectly simple to cherry-pick texts that show Jesus is inferior to the father in every sense and it's not difficult to cherry-pick texts (as JWA does) to show that Jesus is equated with almighty god. Trading proof-texts is too tedious to waste time on.

By the way I just noticed I have unfinished business....

I will respond asap, may apologies.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

...well since Cersei just died, I was kind of expecting it to be Daenerys, but now I'm thinking it is gonna be Jon Snow.

Wait, what throne are we talking about?...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I recently saw, God does not actually sit on a throne. Take a look.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

The unforgivable sin comment made by Jesus disconnects him from a three part God.

He said you could sin against the son and still be forgiven. He did not mention what would happen if you sinned against the father. He only mentioned that sinning against the holy spirit is an unforgivable sin.

The spirit that was with Jesus during his ministry could do independent acts that Jesus had no control over. The healing of the woman with the excessive blood flow was performed by the spirit and not by Jesus. This means there was a mind behind the power of the spirit and therefore an independent person. This sounds like the holy spirit is greater than the father and the son put together.

Maybe the Holy Spirit is running the Universal show and is the ultimate law above the Father and Son. God did say that he searched the universe for someone like him but he could not find that kind of being. This suggests that God came into existence automatically and could have been created by this spirit. Maybe God the father is subject to this Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit