Who sits on the Throne of God

by JW Answers 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I also have a book here (which I have read in full) called 'Introducing Postmodernism' by Richard Appignanesi and Chris Garratt - Subtitled 'The International Bestseller.

It is not a criticism of pomo in any way but it has convinced me that it is not worth any further attention. Bunch of self-important French poseurs with useful nothing to say.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That introduction seems to focus on postmodern art. And it’s only a graphic guide.

The Oxford Very Short Introduction to Poststucturalism is good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poststructuralism-Very-Short-Introduction-Introductions-ebook/dp/B006A2IOZK/

Derrida is hard going, but genius.

Signature Event Context - is this the most important essay of the twentieth century?

http://users.clas.ufl.edu/burt/chaucer'swake/signatureeventcontext.pdf

I notice a blogger has explained what it means.

http://academiclogbook.blogspot.com/2014/03/derrida-signature-event-context-1972.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I showed correctly that Jesus is on God's throne, proving He is God.

I guess your just one these novice bible theologians that think the ancient Hebrew god was Yeshua and not YHWH or Adonai

A little info for you ......

The name of God most often used in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton (YHWH .mw-parser-output .script-hebrew,.mw-parser-output .script-Hebr{font-size:1.15em;font-family:"Ezra SIL","Ezra SIL SR","Keter Aram Tsova","Taamey Ashkenaz","Taamey David CLM","Taamey Frank CLM","Frank Ruehl CLM","Keter YG","Shofar","David CLM","Hadasim CLM","Simple CLM","Nachlieli","SBL BibLit","SBL Hebrew",Cardo,Alef,"Noto Serif Hebrew","Noto Sans Hebrew","David Libre",David,"Times New Roman",Gisha,Arial,FreeSerif,FreeSans} יהוה). It is frequently anglicized as Jehovah and Yahweh and written in most English editions of the Bible as "the .mw-parser-output .smallcaps{font-variant:small-caps} Lord" owing to the Jewish tradition increasingly viewing the divine name as too sacred to be uttered. It was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai (“My Lords”), which was translated as Kyrios (“Lord”) in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew scriptures.

Let it be clearly understood that both deities were called Lord and written as such in the bible, hence why the controversy. .

• johnamos
    johnamos

JW Answers Quote - I showed correctly that Jesus is on God's throne, proving He is God. – End quote

[Revelation 3:21 To the one that conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, even as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.]

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I can use the bible selectively to prove Jesus is god. I can use the bible to prove Jesus is not equal to the Father.

That may be true, but the bible DOES state explicitly that Jesus is God and the bible does NOT say explicitly that Jesus is not God

Just saying... that according to the scriptures..Jesus is God but not the Father

• blondie
    blondie

I always wonder how this fit in with the kings of Israel were said to be sitting on God's throne. Did that mean they were God?

1 Chronicles 29:23

And Solʹo·mon sat on Jehovah’s throne+ as king in place of David his father, and he was successful, and all the Israelites were obedient to him

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    And I thought it was the mother of dragons.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

[1 Chronicles 29:23 And Solomon sat on Jehovah’s throne]

JW Answers Quote - I showed correctly that Jesus Solomon is on God's throne, proving He is God. – End quote

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
  • stillin
    stillin

Can we vote on it?

Of course, the base premise is that the Bible is the Word of God. And unfortunately, I am a fool for having any doubts about that. So, I guess I don't get a vote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit