Who sits on the Throne of God

by JW Answers 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Finkelstein,

It's called "Rightly dividing the word of truth"

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul says we are to compare spiritual things with spiritual...

1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV
    Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

So your idea of "Cherry picking the bible" is absolutely nonsence... Otherwise no one would be able to teach from it, but we are reminded that we can use the scriptures to teach.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

This is why I don't bother commenting on here, just get attacked by propogators who are against Christ, against God, against Christians, and against the bible...

It's just fruitless rubbish in here... People full of bitterness against God...people who live their lives in here, and perhaps haven't seen the day of light in years... Hermits.. and they have a cheek saying I live in a bubble... :-)

It's laughable as well, that Atheists (Satan's people) are here attacking Christians... when this is a Christian / JW debate site... The Lord will take vengenge on such...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So now your jumping off on your assertion that the JWS have proclaimed it is Jesus that has taken his heavenly throne in 1914 ?

You are then by your own description an unrighteous false teacher.

Shame on you for using the bible to create and back your false teachings.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Eh? I showed correctly that Jesus is on God's throne, proving He is God. The JWs believe He rules in heaven, but does not sit on God's throne... Get your facts correct.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The video correctly shows, by rightly dividing the word of God, who sits on the throne of God... You can call me what you want, fact is, you are against the teachings of the bible, thus, your attack is meaningless.

It shows you haven't even watched the video... Typical heretic response...

• cofty
    cofty

You really are afraid of challenges to you worldview aren't you JWA? All this lashing out with childish insults is a classic symptom of fear. You are reacting exactly like a JW or any cult member does when their beliefs are criticised.

I used to be a born-again evangelical xtian (I was going to say 'just like you' but I was never an arrogant prick). I had the intellectual honesty to hold my most basic beliefs up to scrutiny. Turned out the bible is not what I always assumed it was.

Do you want to talk about it? Do you have the courage to do so?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    So your reply to a substantial challenge to your worldview is to dismiss the one asking the question as a fool.

This is exactly your approach to postmodernism and social constructionism, which you freely admit rejecting without reading anything about it.

You live in a bubble no different from the Watchtower.

Indeed.

As for the thread topic: my understanding is that JWs teach that Jesus sits on the throne of God because God gives him this position. I guess a Trinitarian will argue that if Jesus is on the throne of God it must mean he is God. But a JW would argue that if you are God then you wouldn’t need to be given the right to sit on God’s throne by someone else, it would be your right to begin with. Therefore Jesus is not God.

• cofty
    cofty
    which you freely admit rejecting without reading anything about it

That is untrue. I have read a lot about Pomo bullshit. The actual sources are so deliberately obscurantist that it is impossible to decipher. Only vacuous poseurs pretend to appreciate it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    OI have read a lot about Pomo bullshit.

And JWs have read a lot about evolution too, in their blue book, brochures and website.

The actual sources are so deliberately obscurantist that it is impossible to decipher. Only vacuous poseurs pretend to appreciate it.

Or so you have been told, since by your own admission you haven’t read any yourself.

i suggested a very straightforward introduction to solcial construction by Kenneth Gergen. I don’t think anyone who read it would call it obscurantist, even if they disagreed with it.

On postmodernism and belief, this is my favourite. This book is very easy to follow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Postmodernism-101-Course-Curious-Christian/dp/158743153X/

• cofty
    cofty

I did once waste half an hour browsing Derrida and Foucault in Waterstones. It was appalling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit