did you know ?

by frenchbabyface 9 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

population on earth… (figures in 1999)
    if we compare the population to a hundred people in a little town ... this is how it would look like.
    57 Asian
    21 Europeans
    14 Américans (North and et South)
    8 Africans
    52 women
    48 men
    70 Non-white people
    30 white people
    70 non-christians
    30 christians
    89 heterosexuals
    11 homosexuals
    6 would have 59% of the world richness,
    all of them would be from the U.S.A.
    80 would live in a housing of bad quality
    70 would be illiterate
    50 would suffer from malnutrition
    1 would be close to death
    1 would be close to born
    1 would have a college level
    1 would have a computer (maybe 1,5 in 2003)

And now :

If you wake up this morning with more health than disease, you are luckier than the million people which will not see the next week.

If you never were in danger of a battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the anguish of torture, rage of the hunger, you are better than 500 million people.

If you can go to your church without fear to be threatened, tortured or killed, you have a better chance than 3 billion people.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on you, a roof on your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of inhabitants on earth.

If you have money in your bank, in your wallet or in small box, you belonged to the 8% the most privileged world.

If your parents are still alive and always marry, you are really rare person.

... see how lucky a few are ? ... TERRIBLE WORLD

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((frenchbabyface))

Thank you for this thread. I knew that I was better off in this ol'world that I was feeling today.

If I haven't said it already...Welcome!!

Arrowstar

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

you're welcome ... It's so sad in fact

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Great thread! And actually thought provoking as well.

Thanks and welcome to the board.

Merc'

• Simon
    Simon

It's easy to forget just how fortunate we really are sometimes.

We tend to focus on people who have more than us when the reality is that most people have a hell of a lot less.

• Simon
    Simon

... oh, and there's 4 extra women ! Wohoo !

• freedom96
    freedom96

Chances are however, that if you took the playing field, made everything completely equal, 200 years from now it would be just as it is today.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I was surprise myself when I've read those figures ... I knew that I was luckier than lots of people ... but not at that much ... It's all about money and egoïsm ... ARE WE RESPONSIBLE ? ... I keep on thinking about the fact that we all ARE in some matters ... And since I've discovered those figures I feel like I should do something ... PFFFFFFFFFFF ... It's tiring

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

thanks for that post, frenchbabyface. i printed it out and thumbtacked it to my cubicle. next time i fel like whining that my job is boring, i'll have that wake-up call sitting right there in front of me. ;)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well tinkerBeautifull

That's exactly what I did : printed it out, and also save it in a file, even though I won't forget ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit