Will the next James Bond be........

by BoogerMan 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

.......a disabled black, non-binary, homosexual, transsexual, environmentalist vegan?

All bases need to be covered.

• Simon
    Simon

Has to be, they have to shit on everything. Same with Dr Who - they already have some black transgender spin-off apparently, peak BBC

Of course few listen to or watch this BS, because it'll be crap.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/apr/29/doctor-who-redacted-transgender-podcast

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Whatever the next James bond will be I know he won't have a license to kill but rather be a licensed social worker!

• blondie
    blondie

I doubt it...nothing to be afraid of.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The bar was already set for both franchises.

Poll: Which Iconic British Character Do You Like More: James Bond or Doctor  Who? - MovieFanFare

"The Bar"

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It's not disabled, it's Differently-abled

I'm literally shaking

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think Jon Pertwee was my fav.actor to play Dr Who ,who was yours ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No, the next Bond won't be any of those things.

James Bond is the intellectual property of Ian Fleming, his creator, and thus cannot be changed.

And Fleming created him as a suave, dashing white guy with a penchant for bedding the ladies.

What trendy people can do is create other spies. So, yeah, Phoebe Waller-Bridge or some other trendy people can create a black 007, or a non-binary wheelchair user, lol. Keep an eye on the ratings

What gets me is this: why is it deemed necessary to 'represent' groups of people?

I love Ellen Ripley - she's probably my favorite movie protagonist - yet I'm a man and the Ripley character is a woman.

Black theatre goers can identify with and like white characters. Disabled people can like a able-bodied characters. Gay people can like hetero characters.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't care, I won't watch it anyway. I find it boring.

Dr Who? Chibnall finished it off. Not sure if RTD can save it now.

• jhine
    jhine

Idris Elba has been mentioned, which is fine with me . However he may be a bit old now and not have many films in him .

As a woman l DO NOT want a female Bond

That would be plain wrong .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit