Giant Leak of Offshore Financial Records Exposes Global Array of Crime and Corruption

by JHK 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Surely the issue is more what they invest it IN rarther than needing to stash it offshore ( as Jeff mentioned they are Tax exempt). Even the most brainwashed dub cannot consider it OK for them to invest in arms, tobacco etc.??
  • kairos
    kairos

I agree with the above post regarding the possibility of ones stashing money for after "the rapture" of the GB. ( nu-lite, people )

They're "gone" ( in some island paradise ) and will need clean money to fund the farce.

The backlash from the worldwide exposure of the massive child sexual abuse issue will likely be the trigger for the GB and helpers suddenly vanishing.

--- Seriously, how they claim to have no money unless, they really don't?
    ( it's in an account under a different name )

Theocratic Warfare Strategy at work.

I hope they fall hard.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Giant Leak of Offshore Financial Records Exposes Global Array of Crime and Corruption

What about Watchtower Society's holy money?

Imagine if Watchtower is in there somewhere.

If the Watchtower was Responsible for all of it....."Everything!"

It Wouldn`t Matter..

Watchtower would STILL be "God`s Organization",to Jehovah`s Witnesses..

.................................Image result for blind loyalty

• Landy
    Landy
    There's an awful lot of baseless supposition in this thread - there is currently nothing at all to suggest that the WTS 'hide' money in any way.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Landy $2 billion maybe more in property sales from Brooklyn and branches sold off worldwide yet they are still begging for money and there hasn't been any clarity or transparency at all where this cash has gone and peoples suppositions are baseless? it's not their money it has been donated by the R&F for over a 100 years! I'd want to know where the money has gone.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Laundering money and use of sleazy countries to try and hide funds is not at all necessary as JEFFT has said, what the WT need is a clean, corrupt free location paying a good rate of interest. Money is only is bed and breakfast really and any country applying the Basle2 regulations would accept WT money as very clean given its provenance. No need to tell rank and file what's going on, why change the habit of over 100 years? As WT expects (no one else does) worldwide systems to collapse over time any funds they have are much safer in a corruption free environment. At least the money can be got out for a little longer than if it was in pPanama or somewhere which could be one of first to collapse into anarchy. Under the mattress always safe for your money but it pays no interest, so WT want to keep getting pocket money (interest) as long as system survives. So find a safe haven with impeccable credentials, mot sleazy backwaters.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If laundering money in sleazy countries never existed, there would be no religion.

DD

• exwitness2
    exwitness2
    It is inevitable that Watchtower are gonna get caught. You cannot cheat the system forever. If you are a religion that does not pay tax and they find you have been stashing money away in shell companies for years in secret, then the governments of the world will want their share back. Child abuse is easy for the rank and file and the media to ignore but the money trail will finally catch them in the end.
  • freddo
    freddo

I haven't read all of the above posts but what incentive is there to hide stuff offshore if you don't pay tax anyway?

I suppose some of the more dodgy (as in incompatible with jw "Christian beliefs" as professed in WT and Awake etc.) investments might be easier to hide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit