My JW uncle said a bad word!

by pistolpete 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Yep, I never heard him use profanity------EVER.

A couple of us were invited to lunch, which in my case never happened before Covid because I never got baptized.

But now I’m being invited by most of my jw family to family cookouts. And we never talk about Kingdom stuff. They always ask questions about politics.

But this time, Somehow the conversation about Noah got started. And my Uncle asked me if I ever wondered how Noah got the elephants into the ark?

Not thinking--- I jokingly said; “Forget that, how did Noah fit 64 million animals into a wooden Ark that was only 1,400,000–1,500,0000 Cubic feet?

My Uncle gives me this strange look;

I knew I had blown it. I guess the shunning was back in place.

But to my Surprise my Uncle asks; “What do you mean?”

My other relatives also asked, what exactly I mean by 64 million animals?

I told them that they have counted about 8 million different species.

Who Counted them, they ask?

I said; “They’ve been counting different species for a while. There are so many that the number keeps increasing every few years.

So we went inside and turned on the computer. We looked at the Insight Book and it told us how big the ark was. We compared with what other articles like this one said, and I was vindicated.

https://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/was-noah-ark-big-enough-to-hold-all-animals.html

Every one of my jw relatives thought Noah only took two of each kind of animal. So the were trying to Mathematically squeeze 8 million animals into an ark that was only 1.5 million cubic feet. Which was kind of funny.

But I pointed out that it was more than 8 million animals that went into the ark.

HUH!

So we looked up the Genesis account and it is said that;

Noah was told to take in 7 pairs of Clean animals and 1 pair of Unclean.

What’s interesting is all of them thought it was 2 of each animals. Raised in the WT organization and they never noticed that it was 7 pairs of Clean animals which makes a huge difference if you have 8 million different species.

But Give or take 1.3 million----- There is actually more, they just haven’t counted them.

So for simplicity say Half Clean and Half Unclean and according to this article about 8 million different species. (I know there is other estimates)

https://www.calacademy.org/explore-science/how-many-species-on-earth

I didn't bring up salt water animals in the oceans and Fresh water animals in the lakes or plants that needed to be brought in because most would die under water for a year. That would just be too much for them!

So we started doing math.

4 million x 7pairs equals 56 million individual animals

4 million x 1 pair equals 8 million individual animals

Total equals 64 million individual animals Noah had to squeeze into the ark, that was only 1.5 million cubic feet, within 7 days.

About 9 million plus animals A DAY that Noah and his family had to squeeze into ark

About 6 thousand plus animals A MINUTE--NON-STOP- that Noah and his family had to squeeze into the ark

If I did my math correctly.

Doesn’t include all the food FOR 64 MILLION ANIMALS FOR A ENTIRE YEAR with no refrigerator to keep the vegetation from spoiling.

One of my Aunts saw the impossibility and said; “But Jesus reference the Flood”

Everyone kept quiet, scratching their head.

Finally my Uncle speaks out and says;

We’re Fucked!

Everyone starts going-------OH MY GOD----OH MY GOD----- YOU SAID A BAD WORD!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    64 million individual animals Noah had to squeeze into the ark, that was only 1.5 million cubic feet, within 7 days.

Mmmmm

How Many Kinds of Animals?

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

HOW DID NOAH FIT ALL THOSE ANIMALS?
    Kinds of Animals on the Ark
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Finally my Uncle speaks out and says;

We’re Fucked!

Everyone starts going-------OH MY GOD----OH MY GOD----- YOU SAID A BAD WORD!"

This made me really laugh! it is just SO funny when someone who doesn't normally swear does so !

I remember my sister in law swearing, I had never heard her do so before, though she was never a JW, but one day she said to her husband " You're a fucking weirdo!" It cracked me up !

But the reaction of the others to your Uncle's statement is, sadly, typical JW, focus on something else, the "bad word", rather than face the Facts and Evidence presented to them, and come to the same honest appraisal as your Uncle !

• carla
    carla

Loved the post!

We all giggle and bite our tongues around here when my jw lets a cuss word fly. Sometimes it is so funny we have to walk away.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea Breeze:

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500. With our “worst-case” scenario approach to calculating the number of animals on the Ark, this would mean that Noah cared for approximately 7,000 animals.

Hahaha that’s hilarious. “Recent studies”… about ‘kinds’… And a link to… ‘Ark Encounter’! 😂

Funny stuff! … um … I hope you weren’t actually serious. 😕

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The Global Flood myth is the foundation of my exit. Research how much water it would take to cover the entire planet. The amount is so great that it would increase the mass of the earth, this changing the earth's orbit.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Recent studies estimate the total number of living and extinct kinds of land animals and flying creatures to be about 1,500.

You’re pulling a Watchtower sting Sea Breeze. LOL.😂😂

WHAT RECENT STUDIES?

How many Recent Studies?

Who are the Scientist involved in these studies?

I remember as a teenager reading some of the WT magazines and realizing at 15 years of age what this meant.

WT quotes;

Prominent Scholars cite 607 as the real date Jerusalem was destoryed………

Leading Doctors admit Vaccines are the devil’s……………….

Well known Hematologist admits a blood transfusion cannot save your life……...

They never reference a Name except once. I believe the Doctor they reference was someone who claimed to be a doctor in the 1300 hundreds A.D.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Research how much water it would take to cover the entire planet. The amount is so great that it would increase the mass of the earth, this changing the earth's orbit.

I think all the water for the Flood was already here: "fountains of the great deep burst open". Even today scientists have discovered vast oceans under the surface of our little planet we call home.

It certainly looks like a flooded planet from space from certain angles:

Impossible? Pictures like this kinda do it for me... from a plausibility standpoint. But, there is much other evidence as well.

Doubtless, some of the same scientists that deny a global flood are certain that Mars was totally covered by water at one time.

Well, that's awkward.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

From Real Science Radio:

Scientific Evidence

- Today two miles of water covering two-thirds of Earth, enough to overtop the early lower mountains.
    - An average of more than a mile deep of sedimentary layers on the continents.
    - Trillions of dead things (i.e., hard-to-form fossils) laid down by water in strata all over graveyard Earth.
    - The documented Permian extinction event destroyed 90% of all multicellular marine species.
    - A documented genetic bottleneck for man and 90% of all animals far more recent than a million years ago.
    - While NASA presumes there may have been a near global flood on virtually bone-dry Mars, secularists ignore the sufficient water in our own two-mile deep oceans which could easily cover the Earth (with lower pre-flood mountains).
    - All major mountain ranges have marine fossils atop them including on Everest, the Rockies, etc., (excepting volcanoes of course), of fish, clams, marine mammals, sea lilies, even whales high in the Andes, etc.
    - The general pattern of fossil progression (see below) matches flood burial from the Precambrian layer's seabed bottom-dwelling creatures like trilobites up through the Jurassic and higher layer birds.

So, maybe we are not forked after all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit