Seeking support ... Where can a Christian go

by Sevan 83 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Sevan, I have simply learned to avoid posts here involving atheist/theist argumentation. It does get nasty.

Also, I have remained a believer by letting go of fundamentalism. Evolution and the Bible can work together if you ease up a bit. Also realize much of the Bible was written from a human perspective and reflected the times. I believe Jesus showed us the way. Paul put his opinions in there about women etc. I still like Paul generally tho he's not my favorite. :)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am an atheist, but I fully support your right to believe what you want. I look at the atheist/believer debates as more of an intellectual exercise, not an attempt by atheists to convert anyone to their way of thinking. Yes, it does get heated at times and I can see where it might be hard if you have recently left or are still in the religion, because people are not a allowed to disagree. It might seem kind of out of control, or that people are being mean, but the reality is most of these people have been debating each other for years, so they actually aren't getting that upset about it. If it makes you uncomfortable, just stay out of those threads.

What is important to me here on JWN is mutual support for those who have been harmed by the Watchtower and bringing attention the the negative aspects of the religion. I think that is something we can all agree upon.

BT W, I was at a family gathering recently and was raked over the coals by a cousin because I admitted I was an Atheist. I didn't bring it up, she did, and I felt very uncomfortable, so it does go both ways. I wouldn't in a million years done the same to her.

• DJS
    DJS

Sevan,

Every believer who has come onto this site and made an immediate splash about their belief has tried to preach to the rest of us. Every one of them. I have a question for you. Why do you find it necessary to talk about Jah and Jesus? Wouldn't you think all of us have had our fill of them? Why would you think it acceptable?

Just a few weeks ago Believer came on the site and immediately chastised us atheists with put downs and judgements, all the while telling us he wasn't here to preach. BS. And BS to you too. And your little dog as well.

I date a gorgeous, wicked smart woman from India. She was raised as a secular Hindu but is now kinda sorta like me in her beliefs or lack thereof. I've met a few hundred of her Hindu associated friends and families. They are the kindest most decent people I've ever met. Most of them are secular; some of them are very religious.

But none of them ever talk about religion. Ever. They are accepting of what anyone wants to believe (Hindus are known for their accepting nature and don't believe in a mono-theistic god like the war mongering Jah and Allah).

I suggest a new strategy, R2. Keep your x-tian beliefs to yourself. That should solve the problem. Or gather a bunch of emails of like minded x-tians and knock yourselves out.

At least you have qualified your belief system, unlike Believer, and we all clearly know that you are a lover of Jah, has baby boy and you share the same End of Time nonsense we all left behind.

So it isn't necessary to lock horns with the likes of Cofty and others. I try to avoid y'all since it causes me to projectile vomit, but y'all can't seem to believe in Jah and Jesus without condemning atheists (me), Hindus (my GF's family), and anyone else who doesn't share EXACTLY the same belief system as YOU to eternal destruction or damnation. So please, if those are your beliefs, spare me your incessant whining about which of the two groups, atheists or x-tians, are the most judgmental and vile.

Now unless you are willing to tell me that the Atheists, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, Zeusians, Thorians and other deists and theists on this site and on this planet are just as approved as thou, you are setting yourself up for a whole lot of misery while you visit for a while.

I for one am sick and tired of your all's whining about mean old atheists. Keep it to yourselves and you won't have to worry about us. Or be open minded and accepting and tolerant of all faiths and beliefs. If you were in Mother Russia, we would rat you out to Vlad and his Impalers. Or at least I would. That would quiet you.

• blondie
    blondie

When I left the WTS, I first tried finding a religion that claimed to be Christian that I could agree with. The more I examined the more I realized what a wide range of beliefs there were and religions that others said were based on the bible. I finally realized that I had to make my own way and find ways to live that showed respect for all life on earth whether they shared my opinion. The thing to do is to examine the bible perhaps for the first time in your life without someone else telling you what it says. What parts don't agree with your experience and knowledge. Does the person "guiding" you practice what they preach? That search has led some to see that the god presented in the bible is confusing and interpreted by others in many ways.

Blondie, it's the search not the end that matters most

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

DJS,

As usual, your vitriolic rant only proves the OP correct. You boast of being this wonderful tolerant and open minded person, yet with your senseless keyboard strokes you only contradict yourself. If you can't handle people discussing their belief systems in a forum designed to discuss belief systems, than perhaps it is you that should "knock yourself out".

Grow up man

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sevan,

I also studied Chemistry at university and am a qualified chemical analyst.

I also believe in a creator. I have found support on this site from both believers and atheists.

cofty, you have personally attacked me by calling me dishonest when your claims of this were unsubstantiated. You refuse to accept we have different conclusions. Attacking people is subjective. If someone feels attacked by you. You attacked them. The rest is semantics.

Kate xx

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Where can a Christian go

What's Jesus up to?

• DJS
    DJS

Sanchy,

Haven't you had enough of me? Please find any flaw in what I wrote.

Any. Please.

Everything I wrote is 100% accurate; that you don't like it or don't agree with it doesn't make it vitriolic. Sevan chose to go on and on and effing on about how mean we atheists are and how she is in a gathered state of mind. Fine, call a therapist. Join another cult. Remain quiet about Jesus and his ever loving monster of a pop.

Or lose the judgment against anyone not believing in Jesus, his monstrous dad that we are all deserving of death and destruction and fukking expecting the rest of us to care. I don't. At all. Not even a little. And your little dog too.

Pretty simple, really. Now, Sanch and the rest of you cerebrally challenged, the Dislike button is . . . . . . .

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS,

Easy there! We have never agreed about God. But you have always been supportive to me personally.

I don't think Sevan is trying to convert you.

Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

Sevan is trying to spread her x tian jesus only end of time plague and everyone not jumping on her jesus train will die and deserve it to anyone who will listen to her.

Where is Vlad when we need him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit