Effects of GB Manipulation

by longgone 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• longgone
    longgone

What do you think about this. Because the GB controls it's members by F.O.G does that affect former members to be easily manipulated by self serving people as they start a new life outside the bOrg? The definition of a manipulator according to the Cambridge Dictionary is a person who controls people to their own advantage, often unfairly or dishonestly. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

This has been going on with me recently, starting even before I left and I didn't see it as that until this past week. I've given away my money so very little was left me for me month after month. Clothes, dishes, food, running errands etc. I didn't even mind, I thought I was being kind. Others have been pointing this out to me and I made excuses for the person every time. Now, I'm exhausted, I see that the situation will not change, the person won't change and I am done. I'm recognizing that the "truth", lol is that I'm the one who allowed it to happen in the first place! 😕

I had an epiphany (a favorite word of mine) that I've been trained to accept a toxic person because that what the WTS did and still does to those in. I let it kind of situation happen again without recognizing it! I don't plan to let it occur in the future.

So, had this kind of "experience" happened to you? What did you do to prevent it from happening again?

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

Since awakening and having tried to go through the motions of faking still being a J.W for the past few years, I have become more and more sceptical of all organisations, information and, in a way, people. So in my case it's a 'no' in response to the FOG tactics used by the borganization having made me more susceptible to being coerced by others since leaving (at least in my mind and heart).

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is true that because we gave over control to the society, kind of like "Parental Figures" over us, that situation can occur. We can become gullible or easily manipulated by "parental figures".

BUT, becoming aware of this situation means that we can be on guard against it.

Awareness is half the battle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit