Cutting the ties which bind.

by Lost in the fog 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The following article is about getting away from toxic family members. But it equally can apply to cutting off any toxic person or group of people.

Looking at the 5 points for identifying such toxic people - I have seen or experienced every one of them inside the congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. As I am sure you have as well.

https://lessonslearnedinlife.com/enough-is-enough-when-its-okay-to-cut-family-members-out-of-your-life-2/

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I have had to do this with some family members but it is necessary to keep you sanity. Great article. Like it said, it is tough to do but very necessary sometime. Life is too short to spend it with people who do not respect you.

• blondie
    blondie

I read a book about the same subject and it finally moved me to cut off contact with my jw family. I had told them some time politely but emphatically what I could no longer overlook in their words and behavior towards me. No change over 6 months except to get worse. I did not write a letter but told them verbally that to protect my emotional health I had to cut off all contact (no phone calls, e-mails, texting, letters, indirect contact by siccing other jws on me, etc.) It took almost a year of returning unanswered letters, packages and not returning phone calls, e-mails, texting, not even opening. I use caller id and blocking to handle phone calls. It was so freeing and I wish I had done it earlier. These people do not love you and are abusing you. It may seem hard at first but is so worthwhile.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Your own peace of mind, and relationships with others change when you cut the ties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit