Live by the sword, Die by the sword

by Thirteenth tribe 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thirteenth tribe
    Thirteenth tribe
    I may be on a diatribe now but something has came back to me tonight.. During my studies I was always told that "silence is compliance". This would come up whilst I was 'putting on the new personality'. I would be reminded of possible social situations or associations where if my integrity was at all compromised by someone else's standards -my silence to their un-Christian actions would be deemed as compliance. So I cut ties with past friends who would maybe 'drink too much' or 'swear too much' etc, they were not friends worth keeping anyway but that's besides he point. Using that same logic against the society surely that means their SILENCE is COMPLIANCE regarding the investigations into child sexual abuse? Go figure.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Hung - or condemned - by their own words.
  • pandorasbox1914
    pandorasbox1914

Hi Thirteenth tribe,

Fully agree with your post, it is funny how if you remain silent you are guilty of compliance, when they remain silent it is because others are not deserving of the truth.

What they fail to understand, is what is in the song "Silence is Golden" by The Tremeloes:

Silence is golden
    But my eyes still see
    They can remain silent, but others can see exactly what they are.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Ahhh, the WT, hoist with its own petard.

Like it.

I hope goverments investigating child abuse take the WT's silence to mean compliance ...

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    AudeSapere, Hoisted by their own petard comes to mind.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Hey LUHE, x-posted with you. Great minds etc think alike, but fools seldom differ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit