Sometimes I think Jehovah's Witnesses overuse the word "historic"

by slimboyfat 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stillin
    stillin
    That reminds me of that historic day, not so very long ago, when it was raining in the morning but it had cleared out BY AFTERNOON! Oh, what a great, spiritual time was had by all!
  • tiki
    tiki

Its all so historifyingly happifying, isn't it....

Great depiction, outlaw....the spiritual snack shack especially! So these carts must be a throwback to the good old golden age...??

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comments by all, especially by one eyed joe earlier! Spot on!

Legends in their own small world.....

Historic.....yep, by that rule of thumb, everything that happened in the past was historic...even my own post just now! It's historic...you can all see that right?

So is this, and this, and even this......

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    freemindfade15 hours agoThey are mispronouncing hysterical
    Dangnammit..you beat me to it!

It's a weasel word used to give the WBT$ a sense of overbloated importance.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I wonder if they ever think the figure 7000 hours could be historic? the time it takes a member of the public to be recruited
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Only JWs think this crap is 'historic'. In the grand scheme of things, they matter not. Delusion begets delusion.
  • Divergent
    Divergent
    How about "a historic sex abuse lawsuit" or "a historic sex abuse settlement"?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    This is a historic thread. ... or is it "an historic" thread. I am never quite sure if it's "a" or "an" with "historic"!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Oubliette6 minutes agoThis is a historic thread. ... or is it "an historic" thread. I am never quite sure if it's "a" or "an" with "historic"!

No matter.

Let's review, it's historic.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    All part and parcel of convincing the R&F that the WTS is more important that it really is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit