Ezekiel's Temple Vision Changed

by IWant2Leave 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

It was nauseating to listen to the Book Study the past week on Zoom. Old timers, and elders who have served for decades took the change of the vision in Ezekiel chapter 40 thru 48 without blinking an eye. Just drank it down. No questions asked and no critical thinking. Some were even laughing as they gave their comments about the new understanding. And of course the explanation was short on scriptural back up or proof. It's true that there is not a belief that a J.W. can have deep within their soul and heart that W.T. can't take away with the stroke of a pen and "new light!"

Now the understanding is that Ezekiel's vision is not the same as the spiritual temple that Paul talked about in the book of Hebrews, chapter 9. Why the change? I've started to read some of the older post hear to try to find out. There is more to come in the Book Study on this.

• waton
    waton

There are all these temples, tabernacles , can you count them? all 7+, ?

The book study is a meaningless, disjointed gibberish. gaslighting .

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

On this site we talk a lot about the Watchtower Society being a big business that is more concerned with property, money, control and their reputation, than it is in understanding the Bible no matter the cost or how it makes them look.

It always surprises me that rather than leaving well enough alone, they concern themselves with updating the interpretations of these visions that most JW's don't care or even know about. Are they concerned with accuracy or could it be that the new version will somehow give them a way to scare currents into into staying where they are and doing so will make it look as if they're "inspired men" who've still got it going on in terms of delving into the "deep" matters of the Bible?

• Jeffro
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I would love to ask the Book Study Conductor/Congregation this question -

"How does this new understanding of Ezekiel help us as Christians care for the sick, the poor, widows, and orphans like Jesus commanded us to?"

The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is a simple one - believe and repeat whatever the Watchtower tells us and salvation is yours.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was "in", from time to time, people would leave the truth and people around were saying that they were spiritually weak for stumbling on bible prophecies. Like other JWs, I felt that people stay in the truth because they love Jehovah and don't get bugged down in measly little details of the prophecies. I felt that way for several years and when changes to our "understanding" were done, I wasn't troubled at all.

Then I read somewhere (Ray Franz's books?) that if these prophecies were indeed not important, was it a loving and kind Christian trait to disfellowship people who publicly did not believe them? That's when I realized that this was a cult and not a Christian religion.

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Thanks Jeffro. It's good to know about that sight reviewing The Worship Book. I'll study this each week b4 the Congregation Book Study to get a balanced and accurate view of Ezekiel.

One thing that I do now and for the past two years, is to read the scriptures from another translation instead of the highlighted scriptures in the publications, which automatically takes you to the New World Translation. This is part of what helped me to wake up, seeing the changes that the Silver Sword (2013 NWT) have done versus other translations. When talking to co-workers about the Bible, I would quote a scripture, and they would say, "that's not in the Bible", or "that's not what that verse says". And after a short debate, I would look it up and even use the Diaglott or the Kingdom Interlinear, and what do you know, they were right. I used to think that the NWT was the most accurate translation. Boy was I mislead!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It was nauseating to listen to the Book Study

No change there, then.

I found the more I tried to build myself up 'spiritually(tm)' by studying these things, when I was a Jobo, was the more confused I became.

I now realise it's because it was all just utter codswallop and will ever remain thus, no matter the changes.

It makes them feel special to have all this airy fairy secret knowledge......yeah, like you said 'nauseating'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit