Starting threads

by Landy 7 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Landy
    Landy

Any chance of people resisting the urge to start new threads when the subject is already being discussed?

The prince threads are a good example. Instead of one interesting to read thread with lots of replies you end up with forty threads with one or two replies.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm off to start a thread called "starting threads for dummies" because you've clearly just given me the idea and i'm far too important to not have my own thread about it.

It's (all about) me not you, you understand?

Anyhoo, sarcasm off....(click)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes it's so terrible indeed......Simon should ban posters for being so inconsiderate lol

Kate xx

• Simon
    Simon

It's easy to miss things sometimes, I've done it myself, but it helps to have a quick scan first before starting a new topic.

I do intend to improve the posting so that as you type it will check for recent existing topics with the same subject matter and suggest you might want to post to one of those instead. It won't work for everything but may help with "breaking news" things such as this.

Sometimes though a topic is from a different angle or about some nuance so there's nothing wrong with a separate thread about it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's start a new thread to talk about it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Personally I think this thread is princeless. I'm very bored with all the repetition. Great idea of Simon's to flag up if there's already a thread about the subject you're about to post.
  • Landy
    Landy
    Any chance of merging them?
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I have had trouble posting the past 4 days. This has resulted in multiple posts. Is there a way to merge or delete duplicate posts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit