Do we need to step out of religion and into Christ

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking? Do we as people, who have been hurt by religion, need to refocus our position. Do we need to step out of an organisation, to concentrate on a relationship .

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Do we need to step out of an organisation, to concentrate on a relationship .

What we need to do is recognize that our time on this earth is limited. We should love and treasure the people in our lives that we love while we still have them.

We should try to find some joy in life before our life comes to an end.

No relationship with anyone can prolong our life. It sucks, but that has been our lot as humans for who knows how long.

There are two journeys

One was filled with danger, death, and despair

The other, adventure and wonder

I was on the latter, and I loved it

I didn’t know enough to know they would collide

I didn’t know enough to know how cruel and uncaring this world can be.

The world doesn’t care if you die,

it won’t listen to your screams

if you bleed on the ground, the ground will drink it, because it doesn’t care if you’re cut.

I told myself when I meet God, it will be the first thing I ask him,

Why make a world with such wonder and fill it with monsters?

Why make flowers and the snakes to hid beneath them?

What purpose does the tornado serve?

Then it hit me;

HE DIDN’T MAKE IT FOR US!

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Peter said: "to whom would we go? You have the words of eternal life." (John 6:67-69). Like them, we should also focus on Jesus, him alone. His teachings are clear and easy to understand, no need for someone to explain them to us. There should be no (longer) any mediators between, howsoever innocent it (they) may look.

Causing people to lose faith in Jesus and to doubt existence of God is the "B Plan" of the organized religion.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When you read the Gospels (Matthew & Mark) it seems clear that Jesus didn't come to start a new religion or be worshipped. Jesus came to enlighten people so they could live free from fear. It was only after his death that people defied him and therefor undid his work.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    step out of religion and into Christ

Yep... I did this. That's how I left the JWs at first. Then I also stepped out of "Christ" and now appreciate the "historical" Jesus as I still quote him from time to time.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@Joe134cd

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

This looks more like relationship based on love.

• Gman2001
    Gman2001

I left the Org in 1977.... and came to Christ. Actually read the Bible without the WT. I was surprised at what the Bible actually said. I now believe the exact opposite of all the WT teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit