My first Christmas with my son

by Funchback 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

After I left the JWs, I began to live a normal and mentally healthy life (I'm still working on living a physically healthy one) . Anyway, in 2011, I met the woman of my life and we have been together ever since. And now we have a beautiful son who will turn 1 in January. It felt good to have the Christmas spirit again (no, I'm not a Christian). I had celebrated it up to the age of 7 in a non-religious household so it always was about presents and fun and family and never about Jesus for me.

So, it felt good to begin a new tradition with my own family.

And next month begins the tradition of celebrating his 1st birthday. He's kinda lucky because his dad is going to go overboard, me thinks, for missing out on so many of my own birthdays.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, plant and indoor

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Merry Christmas. That is such beautiful picture. I'm happy for you. I'm also another non-Christian that celebrates Christmas. Feels great to choose what to celebrate based on what makes you and your family happy.

Thank you for sharing your picture.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Nice picture. Congratulations on moving forward and enjoying some of the most happy occasions of the year.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Congratulations! Have a happy new life!

Your son is quite lucky. Not only do you know how bad it could have been, but also you appreciate this new freedom better than most of us (never in a cult people), who take it for granted, and therefore fail to make the best of it.

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

Good on you, your little boy looks beautiful, it's great to hear about people moving on with their lives, have a great Christmas and birthday party for your son.

• AudeSapere
  • Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks to all for the kind words.

• millie210
    millie210

Beautiful family and lucky little boy!

It is heartwarming to hear about the memories you are creating.

• smiddy
    smiddy

What a lovely post , Merry Xmas from another non christian wishing your family all the best for the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit