Why is the Watchtower "soft" on China?

by Sad-u-see 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sad-u-see
    Sad-u-see

Let's see, WT is "banned" in China. The WT preaches that reaching everyone on the planet is so important, yet they barely have a footprint in China. If saving lives was so important, Why do they not aggressively proselytize in China? Nothing can stop Jehovah right? Why are they not calling out the massive bloodguilt China has on it's hand for opposing lifesaving information? HAs the WT ever said anything mean about China in the last 2 decades? China is the worlds greatest violator of human rights, yet all we hear is Russia, Russia, Russia. Coincidence? I think not.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Perhaps they understand the posture of China well enough to know that an aggressive preaching and meetings for their members will be SUICIDAL or death sentence.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

As I understand it, the "work" does go on in China but deep under cover. I have met people involved and they are absolutely tight lipped about what goes on. They don't say a word. I seem to remember a young woman that saw the light and went very publicly "apostate" (hate that word) maybe some one can fill in that space.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

There's a comically obvious level of ethnocentrism in the WT interpretation of Bible prophesy. Europe and USA are hugely important, but not a peep can be found about Africa, South America, Polynesia or Asia (the four of which, collectively, are home to the majority of the world's population but by some stunning coincidence, not a single member of the Governing Body).

• Biahi
    Biahi

Amber Scorah wrote the book “Leaving the Witness”. She was a missionary to China.

• waton
    waton
    , silence Russia, Russia not China?

because wt inc. has no real kingdom estate interests in China.

No open presence in, - silence on - Islamic countries roo. in both cases , imprisoned Witnesses would be slave labour, slaving for the prison authorities, not wt inc anymore.

Even GB members do not want to stick their necks out. of course

"Jesus" said: "if they persecute in one city, go to another".

"Sad-u-see" morning smile, clever!

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Interesting to note- they keep pubs informed of prison sentences handed out to fellow believers among the worlds population of 7.8 billion. They do not mention the fact that it is not only JW's being persecuted - there are over 50 countries intensely persecuting those who believe the bible. North Korea heading the list with most Islaamic countries and China. The phillipines years ago was noted for the beheading of pioneers from the society- men and women. Some here may remember that...

Pioneers/missionaries are sent mostly to "safe" countries. The countries that would not allow witnessing always had cargo ships calling at ports - around this area anyway. Individual pioneers(male) usually loaded up with mags and books and left them with the workers on these ships where no witnessing was allowed in their country of origin. In that way, the society always said it got the message out there and into the countries.

When you take a look at 2019 memorial attendance you note 21 million attended - even if you timed that by 5 it would mean about 100 million may "come in" during the GT.. that represents maybe 13-15% of worlds population I think. so their idea of worldwide witnessing is not correct. I can be corrected maybe but thats my take.

• waton
    waton
    The phillipines years ago was noted for the beheading of pioneers --- men and women.

tl 123, That was far from the Philippines official stand. You could not find a more tolerant country folks, except in the radicalized south. but

wait until China extends the red nine dot line another 500 km, 1/3 out.

PS: or were thinking of Magellan? the martyr, who started to make the country Catholic, without which wt inc. would never have prospered there.

• jwleaks
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

JW's don't really have a presence in China. They are a minority in the rest of the world, in China, they don't even map.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit