The Judge

by New day 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• New day
    New day
    Genuine question here. A lot has been said on this site about how Judge Rutherford responded to events in his day by 'revealing' the great crowd of earthly subjects of the kingdom. It was always portrayed to me as a reaction from the ground up of those who didn't want to go to heaven. This resonated with me as I didn't want to go to heaven either. Why did he do it? Too many people who wanted to go to heaven or what?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Didn't they foresee that their movement would grow past 144,000 members, so they had to change doctrine?

By the way, many mainstream Christian churches believe that someday, after first residing in heaven after death, people will reside on earth, when earth is made new and the tent of God will be with his people. But witnesses are the only ones who take 144K literally and believe in two different hopes. (The one faith one Lord one hope thing I guess fell on deaf ears that time).

• kairos
    kairos

If there is *any* shred of truth regarding Jesus Christ and any plan of God's, Rutherford may very well be the largest Apostate in the Org's entire history.

He taught them to reject Christ and made up a cover story to sell the books he would later write under claimed inspiration.

The history of JWs is a very sad one indeed.
    So many lies.

• Perry
    Perry
    Why did he do it?

....as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. - 2 Tim 3

The simple truth isn't good enough for those with an inflated view of themselves. But, the error always gets revealed in due time.

The first century "good news" cannot be changed no matter how many appeals to "new light" is made:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal. 1: 8

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

New Day - "Why did he do it?"

Divide and conquer.

That, and what FayeDunaway said.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The great crowd by Rutherford's description were the ones who were being obedient to himself who just happened to be in the top controlling position of the entire WTS. organization.

You want to be saved from the soon to come destruction of Armageddon don't you ?, well will show you how to accomplish this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit