The AGMs

by no-zombie 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• no-zombie
    no-zombie
    I don't know about most of you, but I really look forward to the AGMs. I probably get more excited about them coming around each year than anyone at my hall. Its sort of like Christmas. I wonder what crazy idea will be released this year? I can't wait.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I look forward to them, too, and I also can't wait.

I wonder what the next few years are going to bring for JWdom. What's it going to be like in, for example, 2020? Will the numbers be in decline then? Will many more have left? What will the preaching work be like? Will they still be going door-to-door?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    They're getting to be like the Republican National Convention. :smirk:
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Have you noticed that since the Centennial anniversary of Jesus' enthronement ( ahem.....) they aren't exactly hyping the AGM? It's like they wanted to include non-Bethel members in 2014 to make everything seem great, and now they are out of ammo.

They have released nu-light concerning:

1) The Master's domestics and belongings.

2) Types/Anti-types.

3) FDS identity. ( Also the hypothetical Evil Slave. )

4) The Rapture.

5) The Generation.

Did I miss anything? Of course the new "Silver Sword" was also released to bolster the troops and to escape the references of the NWT that could lead to TTATT. Anyway, what else can they come up with?

The only significant nu-light that won't destroy their doctrine would be saying that only Elders approved by the CO are Ordained Ministers, perhaps in some effort to avoid lawsuits. They can't drop 1914...yet. They probably won't declare the 144,000 to be symbolic....yet.

What's left besides new videos and adjustments that are ultimately meaningless?

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "What's left besides new videos and adjustments that are ultimately meaningless?"

A final transition (evolution?) into an almost exclusively online "e-religion", with just the Warwick compound remaining...

...both for the GB and their entourages to retire at and existing as an incentive for the few remaining hard-core loyalists at home to aspire to move to someday.

I could live with that. :smirk:

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They're getting to be like the Republican National Convention.

Nah...........I expect the RNC to be entertaining.

The closest the GB get to entertainment is: Image result for bozo the clown

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ DesirousOfChange...

Hey, I don't call him "Letto the Clown" for nothing... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit