Little talk about blood fractions

by wannaexit 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

@ Lee Elder let me know if you need a better scan.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder what they use here in the U.K, I guess either the old Blood Card I remember, or an updated one.

Here we have a thing called "Lasting Power of Attorney" which has to be registered with the Court of Protection for a fee of £130 if memory serves, this will have increased by now, no doubt. If you use a Solicitor they charge in total about £500 to produce and register a LPA.

I don't see very many JW's here in the U.K going to the trouble and expense of doing a proper LPA.

They will probably think their Blood Card, along with another form they fill in which ticks which fractions they would accept, is sufficient. In most cases this is true, the medical crowd going along with Patient's wishes most times,but if tested in Law their silly little bits of paper would have little power with the Courts.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have seen (UK) the new cards. As somebody said, they are blurring the distinctions and now only ask abstention from whole blood and the big 4 components . I guess they let the r & f believe that anything else is not blood and carries none of the "risks"

We used to have a big sheet document that was to be lodged with your medical records. I have not heard of that lately

• TD
    TD
    I wander if they are going back to their hard stance.

What hard stance?

Fractions have been allowed since 1958. There were a series of contradictory statements in the early 60's, but it's not clear if those were truly policy reversals or simply the ignorance of one or more members of their writing staff.

Personally, I suspect the latter but that's neither here nor there. There is no going back and hasn't been for a long, long, long time. Fractions are everywhere in medicine including childhood immunizations

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit