Mindset JW

by ScottyRex 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

I don't think for one moment I will ever be other than the person I am. By that I mean I will be me, a kind person who has chosen a vocation as a nurse to help others, to comfort relatives, hold dying ones and just, well carry on as me.

Now I'm 46. I love my mum, and even my dad. He isn't all that bad nowadays. Gay doesn't exist.It's not in his mindse or vocabulary. He is now ill and I love him.

JW thoughts, thinking, reasoning exists, mum still talks to me about it, the Truth ...and I listen. She is just the best.

A divided household I grew up in, something I never wanted to be, yet here I am.

• ScottyRex
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It must be hard for you, your mother doesn't recognise your exJW views and for your dad gay doesn't exist. Neither of them see you as you are yet you carry on loving them and working in your vocation as a caring nurse. I hope the lurkers who read this thread will see they are wrong about exJWs being monsters.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you bro.the world needs more compassionate caring people who do good for other people

You are fortunate that mom & dad didnt disown you as many others have done for not believing.

Take care S.R.

Edit to add: Watching that clip all I could see was the bethelites singing and dancing through Bethel with mops and toilet brushes and brooms. LOL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

More like "JW groupmindset"... :smirk:

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Thanks- I still don't call myself an exJW just inactive.....I don't subscribe to the constant criticism on here of the JW faith. It gets a bit tiring.

I do however understand many on here who feel worn out and tired. That's something I can understand and try in my own way to support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit