OKAY, GAME OVER! The number one reason the New Testament amounts to bunk

by Terry 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

myelaine

You adore a moral monster and threaten those who don't share your sick delusions with eternal torment.

What could be more nasty and vindictive than that?

• Terry
    Terry

You know the NT writers' words (so that you get a sense of the complete person and mission) about Jesus varies little.

So YOU say.

.You know what "Fan Fiction" is?

The Middle East swarmed with such stories for many centuries as we find collated into the New Testament. Why are we simply going to assume the carefully selected NT are authentic descriptions of reality?

Do you know--that is, are you AWARE of the controversies over proper selection among the thousands of Messiah texts? Who did the selecting? Do you know? Why do you trust those particular selections other than the fact it is ALL you know of?

KJV Bibles have 39 books in the Old Testament, all originally written in Hebrew. However, the Old Testament of the NAB contains 46 books, including an additional seven (Tobit, Judith, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, and Baruch) which were part of an ancient Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible. These seven books are variously referred to as the “apocryphal” or “deuterocanonical” books and are usually placed between the Old and New Testaments. In this sense, it can be said that Catholic Bibles have more books in them than Protestant Bibles (here represented by the KJV).

Should I assume your Bible, the one you use, contains ALL the proper books? If not--WHY NOT?

Did you know Martin Luther at the start of the Protestant Reformation wanted to EXCLUDE the following books from the authentic canon?

1. Luther did not include the deuterocanonical books in his Old Testament, terming them "books which are not considered equal to the Holy Scriptures, but are useful and good to read"

2. Luther made an attempt to remove the books of Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from the canon

Why do you suppose there were (still are) controversies?

In other words, HOW CAN YOU SO CASUALLY RECOMMEND other people simply accept the accuracy of the stories and descriptions and teachings from such ancient writings with such complacency?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear cofty...

Hahaha...Why is it that YOU feel the need to hurl invectives at me because I don't share your opinions?

love michelle

• cofty
    cofty

Good attempt at twisting the truth myelaine

In a debate rational people offer evidence to those who hold different views - like Terry just did ^^^

You threaten them with eternal torture. That is vile.

• Terry
    Terry

Check out the discussions, debates, and arguments offered by Dr. Richard Carrier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

come on...you know I've quoted non-canonical scripture to you personally so I'm NOT going to argue for protestant bible only and above the catholic bible.

the is enough "light" in the NT to know that Jesus is presented as the only Saviour of men. ante nicene bishops have written extensively on Christ. One of them, polycarp(?) was a disciple of the apostle John. There are just too many early accounts of the ministry of Jesus (that agree)from all points proceeding from Jerusalem to discount the historicity and accuracy of the accounts relayed by the first followers as all loosy-goosy. Many people see the hand of God guiding and nurturing the infant church.

I can understand why YOU don't see it, though. The apostle paul was also blind to the workings of the Spirit of God while he was labouring under his own assumptions.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

cofty...

I believe, based on the scriptures, that a certain fate awaits people who don't find their salvation in Jesus. Warning people about that fate is not threatening them nor is it a vile pursuit.

You, however, twisting my meaning and motives to suit your purposes and then insulting and berating me on account of the straw man you've erected is pathetic. Grow up or go away.

• cofty
    cofty
    I believe, based on the scriptures, that a certain fate awaits people who don't find their salvation in Jesus - myelaine

Yes you do.

Instead of abhorring an entity who would torture somebody for all eternity you worship and adore him. That tells me a lot about your moral compass. Is there a sexual element to your sadomasochistic fantasies?

The worst tyrants in human history are saints compared to your evil deity.

Wake up and examine the evidence. The god of Jesus does not exist. The bible was written by Iron Age goat herders with the morality of an ISIS warlord. It is full of historical and scientific errors.

To trust the bible is to affirm slavery, forced marriage/rape, infanticide and hate.

We were not born in sin. There was no fall from perfection and no need of redemption or forgiveness. We are children of the survivors of millions of year of evolution. We have reached a level of fairness and justice and compassion like no society has ever known.

We are awesome. Your evil, small-minded, torturing god is beneath our contempt.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    There were time its says he was alone and said "xyz" and these supposed bible writers knew what it was he said while he was alone and wrote it down 80 years later... yyyyyyyyyea
  • myelaine
    myelaine

cofty...

you want me to examine the evidence? The only countries that have fully abolished slavery are functioning democracies modelled on christian principles of equality for all men as imbued by the creator. These same christian principles have shaped the citizenry of these democracies to BE fair, just and compassionate. These are not innate characteristics of every contemporary society...look at the evidence yourself.

you're misinformed if you think that you can take your acquired 21st century values and compare them tit for tat to ancient eastern Semitic tribes and get any kind of important data that makes you "better" than them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit