Just got a letter from a local JW

by wozza 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

A local brother has called on me 3 times in the last few months and has just sent me a letter ,

In the previous calls we kept it simple : I have'nt been to meetings for years ,don't believe in god now ,etc

Touched on how I was appalled at how the Org handles child molestation and they were quick to say that there have been problems but the governing body has it handled now blah blah

I even surprised myself for my restraint at that point having dealt with this issue extensively in the org myself but I just wanted to fish for info over a bit of time and see if they had DF'd me remotely.

Have taken a few tracts etc even an old watchtower which I thought was funny for the "truth"has probably changed in a year.

Then I get this posted letter with a tract saying that due to the Covid they are not calling on people and naturally pointing to this being a sign the end is near- is anyone else getting this ? I'm in South Australia

Anyway I typed up a reply on one topic as to why his tract had no relevance to me because the authors of that tract are liars and pointed the UN affair providing the letter from the UN showing the Affiliation of the WTS to the UN as an NGO.

Also how this affair was revealed thru The Guardian in Great Britain in 2001 . OK it's old news but I've seen him around many years ago when I was a JW ,I remember him but he does'nt recall me so he would the old days and the old ways and teachings so I thought I could appeal to that.

Well i'm posting it off today for he gave his full name and address on the envelope he sent me ,I wonder what will happen for I was quite frank in detailing the wrongness and lies and deciept of the WTS quoting non apostate material

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hey wozza,

The jaydubs in Melbourne in my area are phoning random numbers of the public in the phone book and also sending similar messages via mail to all that used to attend over the years.

The local field circus overseer distributes numbers that he has selected from the white pages to the rank and file to call.

The eldubs have been instructed to go through all records to track inactive ones and invite them to zoom into the meetings.

And, yes, a perfect time to reveal the real truth in return mail to the senders' address.

jtg

• wozza
    wozza

Thanks for that Jonah ,i guess they have to be kept busy otherwise they might go on the internet and find the truth

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well we did get a call from an old friend the night b4 the memorial however she never followed through with her stating she would ring back b4 the Memorial started .?

She is in Qld and we are in Vic.

Oh well che sera sera .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The keen ones will look for ways to do “ the ministry ‘ if they cannot call or use a trolley ant telephone is expensive. I bet he counted his time writing and posting it.

• minimus
    minimus

Are you kidding me? This is a great opportunity to preach to any random person or someone you might even know. You don’t even have to leave your house and think of all the time you can report preaching??

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have just received an e-mail from our friend apologizing for not getting back to me sending an attachment that she wanted me to look up.She said it had to do with the Memorial in the Phillipine`s and I quote:"Good info tonight about inactive one returning" So now I have no doubt about where she stands in regards to the religion ,where as she was always a bit evasive and non committal about it.

So I did open the link and it was an experience given about a young pioneer girl with vision impaired and how she was instrumental in getting so many non witnesses to view the special talk.Overall I think they claim that 30,000 non JW`s tuned in to the special talk.

The experience related is so over the top as being JW propaganda BS ,that it is just so laughable and here she is 40-50 years in and she laps it up thinking I`m going to be impressed by it and return to the fold .

I`ll have to think about how i will respond as my wife says leave her alone don`t upset her its her comfort zone.

That in some ways I agree with her ,but I will have to bite my tongue.

If you can bring yourself to do it ,you won`t be disappointed if you log onto JW.Org and click on the Phillipines memorial where they give this experience. You have to click on whats new to see it .

I was in two minds whether to do it or not but am glad I did just to pick holes in what they said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit