Since leaving WTTS have you joined a new church or just continue with the new beliefs you have discovered under no religion?

by AmIright 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religion is a scam made up by mostly ignorant disingenuous power seeking men.

Some good things can be seen and observed but there is also a lot of damaging harm as well.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    Through a series of events, I joined a Baptist Church. I have new beliefs that I was able to think critically about to conclude and am able to see that we aren't able to really KNOW much, since the bible can lead to speculation. I accept certain things in faith and that we can't know everything and we shouldn't assume we do.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I was a Christian for a while but not a churchgoer. Whenever you join something people want to tie you down with rules. Had it with rules. I started a degree and decided to study history because I wanted to get away from religion. Stupid me, European history is drenched in the blood of religious wars, witch hunts and inquisitions. As Michel de Montaigne described what he saw in the Protestant Reformation, 'people slowly roasted for beliefs they neither know nor understand'. He wasn't being metaphorical. I'm cured.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NO more religion for me.

That also means No "movements", No "organizations", etc. I don't even want to join any club.

Zero, zip, nada.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had quite a journey after I left, I examined Christendom ( there are thousands of Sects !) and found it wanting. I looked at religions further east, I examined the Bible to see if it were truth, I finally questioned the existence of god.

I should have started with "Does god really exist?" It would have saved me a few years.

I have decided the only sensible way to conduct my life is on an "evidence based" system.

Using the Scientific Method for everything means I do not have "beliefs", in the sense of trusting that something is true without the very best of evidence. I simply am aware of the facts, and can then trust a concept.

Really, all of us do this in huge measure in every aspect of our lives, except some people, who prefer to use emotion when it comes to "spiritual" things.

That way madness lies.

• tornapart
    tornapart
    Don't want to have anything to do with any religion ever again. Who knows if it would be out of the frying pan and into the fire. I still have a faith in God but not sure what to believe anymore beyond that. I try and enjoy life and be a good person and kind to others. I love nature and I feel closer to God out there than I ever would in a KH or a church.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Before I was able to leave the witnesses but was SO ready to leave the witnesses, I had a lot of good time to study the bible and what I believed about it. I am a very social type of person who loves tradition, so finding a new church was a natural thing for me. I am also freedom loving, and don't like someone telling you what you have to believe, so a liberal church was important to me. I am now in an intelligent mainline liberal protestant church and am completely at home and completely free there. There are doctors and professors and astrophysicists and sales clerks and all kinds of different loving people. I believe in evolution and most do at church but interpretation is a private thing. We all love to worship God together.

Church isn't for everyone, and each type of church isn't for everyone...God knows I certainly wouldn't be happy just anywhere, but Ive found what is right for me and my relationship with God.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    No need to join a church. I worship the flying spaghetti monster. I feel touched by his noodly appendage.
  • LouT8503
    LouT8503

@Village Idiot

R'amen!

• Spiral
    Spiral

Happily atheist. Now that I'm out, I feel like God is just a story.

Wait..... not quite accurate, I don't think I ever really believed in God. Now I just know I don't believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit