Sixty People Murdered in Nice Terror Attack

by cofty 33 Replies latest social current

• zeb
    zeb

death toll now reported as 84.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Once again the perpetrator was known to the police! I listened to the continual updates on the radio throught the night. Quite a few of those who phoned in during the broadcast suggested " Internment " for all who fit a certain profile to be determined by security agencies. It was tried & failed in Northern Ireland by the British Govt. during the seventies.

Sadest consequence to me was a young French couple who'd lost their 8mnth. old baby, believed to have been killed in the carnage.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Terrible, horrific news.

I haven't heard too many reports. Is there any evidence this was Islam related?

I didn't see anything on the news to confirm or deny the 'religion of peace' was involved, or was this just a lunatic bloke who went bonkers?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Terrorist attacks are horrible regardless of where they take place, and my heart goes out to anyone who is touched by this form of violence. Unfortunately these types of attacks with mass casualties where very common throughout the 70's into the mid nineties in Europe. There was a drastic drop in terrorist attacks in the mid to late 90's to the mid 2010's. (With the exception of a few large scale attacks in single European countries).

Ultimately if it is not ISIS it will eventually be someone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit