Is this the Kathleen DeSoto that was the lead attorney in the Montana case (35 million judgment)?

by Billzfan23 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Curious to know if this is the Kathleen DeSoto that was on the defense (Watchtower) side during last week's 35 million dollar judgment for the plaintiffs in the child molestation case. Joel Taylor and Don Herberger (spelling) were also on the borg's side in this case.

https://www.garlington.com/Attorneys/Kathleen-L-Desoto.shtml

Does anyone know if that Kathleen DeSoto has worked with the organization before, or was she just retained because she's local to Montana and very highly ranked?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Under Montana law WT attorneys would have to work under/with a Montana attorney.

• careful
    careful

Billzfan23,

Thanks for researching this. I just assumed, now evidently in error, that she was a Witness.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4668362736009216/star-tribune-jehovahs-witnesses-accused-mishandling-abuse-montana

I suppose the term "Jehovah's Witness attorney Kathleen DeSoto" led me down the wrong path—hired as rep, not belongs to. I cannot picture a sister working up these credentials and staying in (unless I'm wrong here!). Still it is interesting that the GB would hire a woman for their rep. That cannot be accidental. They must be paying plenty, and she must not mind taking on a role that would put her on the wrong side in a public opinion poll. Of course, lawyers often do that for various reasons.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    careful - "...lawyers often do that for various reasons."

When I'm in a cynical mood, I can't help but wonder if those cases are the higher-paying ones. :smirk:

• careful
    careful

And if you are right, Vidiot, then the GB is paying all the more in this case, eh?

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

You have to wonder if Kathleen DeSoto was cringing the entire trial, wishing she was somewhere else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit