The resurrection

by JW Answers 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Jehovah's witnesses deny the resurrection of Christ by claiming that Jesus was not raised in a body, but only in spirit. This is contrary to the word of God.

In the video below, I also preach from the word of God that Christ is God (separate from the Father, but co-equal). Again, something in which the JWs deny.

The video was filmed in church, so it has traditional hymn singing beforehand, but the message itself is less than 30 minutes, titled "The importance of the resurrection".

The importance of the resurrection

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

horse feathers.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

The Jehovah's witnesses deny the resurrection of Christ by claiming that Jesus was not raised in a body, but only in spirit. This is contrary to the word of God.

I understand Watchtower's point of view when it comes to Christ's resurrection. They are going with 1 Corinthians 15:50 to support their claim. "I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable."

Personally I don't subscribe to either teaching as a Deist. My God is not found in any man made book.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan
    If Jesus & God Almighty & the holy spirit are equal, why can JESUS be blasphemed, but the holy spirit can't?
    Luke 12:10 - "Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven."
    Also, if Christ was an immortal God, how could humans kill him? Trinitarian dogmas are a mystery to me - especially when not ONE scripture says the THREE are co-equal & co-eternal - NOT ONE!
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

The JWs believe that Jesus was resurrected in physical form for a short time, then ascended to heaven, at which point his physical body would have been discarded and he would have taken on a spirit form.

Is this not also the general belief of most/all Christian churches? I'm not sure I see a discrepancy.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The OP does not understand the teachings of the Watchtower or the Bible.

Stating that Jesus was not resurrected in the body he lived in, is not denying the resurrection.

Think about it.

How were resurrections done prior?

Jesus resurrected Lazarus and several others. Their bodies were brought back to life. How else would it go? They couldn't go to heaven as a spirit because that can't happen until Jesus was resurrected.

So prior to Jesus' death there was only one way to be resurrected.

Does that mean that Jesus needs to be resurrected that way?

He lived in heaven as a spirit prior to coming to earth. Why can't he return to that state?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit