Judgment handed down by Court of Appeal in legal challenge to Charity Commission inquiry opened in 2014

by OrphanCrow 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wonder if nu-light will be released, stating that only Elders who pass background checks are Ordained Ministers?? LOL!!!! Add this charity debacle to the clergy/penitent problem and the WTBTS has some MAJOR nu-light coming!

Remember when the first ever "Regional Convention" took place? Well, Gerrit Snorefest gave a talk and mentioned charitable works. It was very odd because JWs don't engage in charitable works, and I've never heard any speaker ever talk of Christian charity. Knowing TTATT, the wheels started turning in my head. "How long before the re-branding includes actual charity like "false religion?", I thought to myself.

Ive often wondered over the last year or so, if the WTBTS will be forced to engage in real charitable works for some reason or another. Of course they will spin it as their idea, but it's interesting to think about it. Having their charitable status investigated could be the first step to some major changes. Or they could cut their losses and hide away in Warwick, waiting for the rapture....

DD

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

So much effort and legal costs (I doubt they are relying on amateurs for this) to avoid producing files from Bethel, hmm now what have they got to hide? I reckon the UK branch records are more damning than the australia 1006 unreported peodophiles, they'll fight as long as they can to stop them being revealed.

It must be so frustrating for the authorities who are just trying to improve safeguarding of children

• gone for good
    gone for good
    Must the complaints come only from UK citizens?
  • Mephis
    Mephis

Not UK citizens, but complaint must involve a congregation or other registered charity (eg WBTS as registered in UK) in England or Wales.

Hope that's useful.

• zeb
    zeb

"You can only imagine the implications of every elder - and possibly MS - being made to have a criminal records check. How many thousands would just resign rather than reveal their past?"

I suspect this is why they played hell to stop members having to get 'working with children' clearances.

and 'gone for good' it will not hurt to send to them any information you have.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    How much of a red flag isit that they are digging in their heels on this issue? Makes them look pervy already-like they know they have bunches of creeps .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit