What pages were supposed to be cut out of the 1917 The finished mystery?

by mickbobcat 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I picked a copy up at a flea market and can not remember what pages were supposed to be cut out.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think I found it 247 to 253. My copy has it in the book. I am gong to sell it for 135 on etsy if anyone is interested.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Do it. 15 years ago, I got almost $300.00 for a 1910 International Bible Students Convention book. The book was about an inch and a half thick with pictures of all the movers and shakers of that time. Somebody out there wants these worthless publications.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Thanks HD. I put it up for sale. I paid 100 for my copy. I try to keep some of the more confrontational things the cult has printed. But I will not pay 200 and up for a 1934 year book. I think the people who buy them are people like me who are XJWs and want to have proof to show to anyone the actual printed by the cult lies and distortions and crazy train things they have said. Plus these books are rather rare.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I gave away all my old books quite a few years ago. Maybe I missed my chance to make a few bucks, but I just couldn't stand to look at them anymore

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Yes it was pages 247 to 253, according to https://jwwatch.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-4 which quotes The Watchtower of 1955 5/1 pp. 266-267 as saying it was those pages. In addition the book called "Faith On The March" by A. H. Macmillan says on page 93 that as evidence for a legal case against the WT the Government had portions read from the preface, pages 247-252, 406, 407, and 469 of The Finished Mystery book.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I believe this was a typical 96 page JW publication so pages 1 through 96 should have been cut out.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I used to have a copy of the 1918 court transcripts of Rutherford and associates who went to jail. The offending pages of The Finished Mystery were part of the prosecution's arguments, but only a small part. It was all about 'discouraging the draft'. Anything critical of the war effort, even something like referring to the draftees as 'cannon fodder' was considered illegal under the Espionage Act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit