Witnessing by Text Message

by Wild_Thing 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of the JWs texting random numbers to "send their message". Do they do this at all? And is it a common practice?

• Chook
    Chook

They do it every Wednesday Jah text GB. GB text elders . It's been happening since the 1874 kingdom ministry

• alanv
    alanv

It's actually an interesting question. For years JWs picked random numbers from the phone book and wrote to them. They would scour the obituaries and send a letter of hope to them as well.

So it is quite possible they can get hold of mobile numbers, and text them a message or send them a link to JWdot org. And they can do that from the comfort of their home. Win win situation as far as they are concerned, especially on a cold winters day.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Witnessing electronically is the new form of preaching. While I have not heard or seen an official category for "text witnessing", they do have a section in the new FS report for electronic publications. I've also heard letters read where they indicated how to count magazine or video that were shown thru email or text message

The only thing they do suggest is to refrain from preaching electronically to people in other parts of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit