WT Resurrection Hope Absolutely Ridiculous As Illustrated In Their Publications

by JW_Rogue 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Saw this while browsing through the Good News brochure:

Is it any wonder people aren't listening to JWs anymore? What an absolutely delusional scene! A 17th century sailor comes into the truth, shaves his beard (apparently beards will still be bad in the new order), and befriends a mandarin speaking Chinese man. LOL This picture sums up the new WT style, nothing is too ridiculous to say or illustrate. They are targeting those with child like intellects ready to believe anything and everything.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The hidden subliminal message is that all people who died before the Great Tribulation can have an opportunity to be resurrected and learn "the truth." So you all better stay in "the truth" in case the Great Tribulation comes in your lifetime, and then you can see those loved ones who died already. This message takes on more and more importance as everyone dies "in this system of things" when the Great Tribulation continues to delay.

• prologos
    prologos
    not only the body, limited mind, but also the regalia will be faithfully reproduced. I wonder about the voice, is it a bass-tenor or a soprano, like a eunuch would have? good learner though instantly speaking mandarin? and lots of sailboats. but where are the sailplanes? doing aerobatics?
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    Let's get one thang strait. Those resurected folks are all go'in to be 'buck nekad'.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I remember illustrations of happy parents coming to greet their resurrected child clutching clothes in their hands with which to dress him. So, I wonder, are these resurrected ones going to pop in already clothed or will there be tailors in the New Order (tm) with just the right information required to get the recent arrivals dressed up according to their custom?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They drew a picture of it so it must be true!
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    These illustrations are conceived so the JWs can visualize their hope but they're meaningless and strange for those outside the cult. Without an explanation a normal person wouldn't be able to figure it out.
  • prologos
    prologos
    Prologos: "--eunuchs--but where are the sailplanes? doing aerobatics? It is biblical! : "- those hoping in Jehovah (resurrection) will regain power (to live) They will mount up with wings like eagles.--" hot air (thermals) rising from wt.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I can't believe that they actually took the beard of that guy. For what reason?! There's not one good reason at all. Wait, yes there is, it serves the Watchtowers purpose.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

So.....

A JW friend at her non JWs father's funeral ( none of her family are JWs) followed her non-JW siblings' heart felt speeches about their love for their Dad, Mother and family life at the funeral by saying that she can't wait to meet her Father in the resurrection, and that she has kept his golf clubs in happy anticipation of seeing him again and playing golf with Dad in the resurrection she went onto give a full on 'witness' - this in the presence of a grieving non JW family and in opposition to the direct desire of her non- JW Father that his funeral should be entirely secular.

I felt she absolutely trespassed and trampled over decency....just my take.

Nothing spiritual going on there - just material cravings.....strangely her 'moment' of glory in terms of giving a witness at her non JW s father funeral somehow failed to grab the attention of 'truth seekers'.

By the way, she isn't a nut case but a very able, high money earning professional.

Believe me....so crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit