.... being a little facetious today.... :)
The February 2016 broadcast has got me thinking. And remembering, that once upon a time, in our Kingdom Hall, we were actually counselled from the stage about not offending people when we go in service, for example, by NOT EATING GARLIC or other strong-smelling foods (onions, fish).
Yes, I believe the organization has a definite bias against garlic.
Which led me to think about other things they do. Vampire-like things. Now, forgive me, I do not know much about vampires. But there are vampire "stereotypes" or common lore, so I will stick with those most obvious and well known (at least to me, haha).
So. Here we go...
- They shy away at garlic. They do not like garlic. Garlic is bad. Too much garlic makes Jehovah sad.
- They do not like crosses. Crosses are bad, they make Jehovah sad, they are terrible, evil, frightening things to most JWs.
- They want to take your blood away from you, even if it means your life. You are supposed to bleed to death and die for them.
- They meet after dark (or sundown) for the most important day of their year - Jesus' death, in which he "poured out his blood" in our behalf. And we are supposed to be grateful and thankful for this, yet we have no part in sharing of this blood. They want it all to themselves.
Their flock are like little vampires in training, only they learn to reject blood and give it all to the WT, the master vampire.
- Do vampires not also steal your soul? (the WT teaches that we do not have one).
- And do they also not like looking into mirrors? (Not seeing, admitting, or acknowledging their own mistakes & errors; or because they have no soul (connection to others and to life outside their box...) Their mirror gives no reflection, or feedback of themselves to themselves; they remain clueless, disconnected, apart, yet still suck the soul and life from their (encouraged to be) meek and sheeplike followers.
Spooky! "Spiritual" vampires!
Lots of very interesting comparisons, yes?
I would love to go on with this analogy, but I do not know much more about (mythical) vampires. But I think I got the main comparisons.
What think ye all..?