The new world we live in

by JaniceA 6 Replies latest social family

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

So, I'm in a Starbucks. It's 5:45 pm. This kid who is maybe 6 years old yells, "Mom, my tablet is fully charged any my phone is at 84%!"

I am not sure that I had a concept of percentages at that age (beyond knowing my brother got a bigger cookie or drank all of the pop instead of sharing it. )

Is anyone else frequently bemused at the ways in which the world and childhood had changed? My nephew has cheap phones for his one and two year olds to watch cartoons in the car.

• waton
    waton
    cheap phones for his one and two year olds to watch cartoons in the car.

with self driving cars here, in this new world (without wt blessing), the driver will be abls to join them in the screen play. . what a waste of good time, that could be used living your own life.

Even on a boring 10hour flight, you could take in the endlessly changing world from a window seat, looking at the planet from a new perspective. rather staring at the screen in front of you, but just mho.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

6 year old kids shouldn't have smartphones, the world has gone mad

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Is anyone else frequently bemused at the ways in which the world and childhood had changed? My nephew has cheap phones for his one and two year olds to watch cartoons in the car.

I am bemused too. The way we live today have both good and bad things. At 6 I did know about percentages and had the capacity to learn and know more, but I'm glad that kids have better access to information today. What people decide to do with what they have, that's another story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Our 3-year old grandchild can maneuver through her own iPad better than we know how to do.

I take comfort in knowing I'll have someone to fix my computer problems when I'm in the assisted living home.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I am not - I am waiting for my Freaking Jet Packs, Flying Cars, bases on the Moon and Mars!

What happened to them?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their just around the corner any day now its imminent,Ye of little faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit