Is this a site controlled by atheists?

by The Rebel 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Island Man
    Island Man

Simon is an atheist, so yeah, this site is controlled by atheists. Atheists rule! Yeah!!

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I am an atheist but try to be fair - you don't have to be an atheist to post here, just respectful of other people's opinions (as with all subjects).

We allow different views from all along the "belief" spectrum to be posted but we're not here to be a platform for people to preach from - whatever your views, no one should expect to post an opinion and not expect other people to voice theirs as well and question claims or statements.

People looking for an echo chamber should find someplace more appropriate to their needs.

• cofty
    cofty

The best thing somebody can do when leaving the cult is put all of life's big questions on hold for a while.

Focus on building a new life, job, education, hobbies, sports, friends etc. There will be time for navel-gazing later. The only thing you need to know straight away is that there is no "last days" no armageddon and therefore no hurry to decide.

Many exJWs make the same mistake I did. They ring-fence a few fundamental beliefs without realising that is what they are doing. They assume that it is beyond dispute that there is a god, the bible is special, that Jesus is involved in their forgiveness and that one day all will be well.

It takes a lot of courage to really hold these foundational beliefs up to scrutiny.

When you are ready seek out the very best arguments that challenge your beliefs. If you do it right it will probably be disconcerting so don't rush it. Keep reading, debating and thinking. Your beliefs will eventually take care of themselves.

As for this forum it is a great place to find people who have made similar journeys and to learn something from their experiences.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Many here when awakend start thinking and asking questions this Leeds down the rabbit hole of knowledge. For most the end result is athiesm and a belief in evolution. I once believed in the tooth fairy and Santa. Religion is for the ignorant.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Rebel - "Under the exterior of being an Ex- Witness site, is this site simply converting atheism?"

Nah.

x

That's just a lucky byproduct.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Something like atheism is the logical end of the process of questioning that starts when someone intelligent leaves the witnesses.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't know about being "contolled" by athiests, that sounds a bit.... organized. Also makes it sound like all the athiest members have formed a kind of wrestling tag team that join forces for the purpose of taking down the religious nutbags one at a time and then high-five themselves for it...phhft......don't be ridiculous.

All I know is, the whole of mankind (which is shock horror, bigger than this site) is being controlled by religion in one form or another.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Is this site controlled by atheists?

Well, I'm not atheist and I'm wondering whether to even respond or not. So what does that tell you?

• NotNew
    NotNew

25 minutes ago

Is this site controlled by atheists?

NO! Imo

SW

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Wow ... I thought this site was primarily for Buddhists.

I may have to re-think my membership here.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit