About the covid-19 virus, some positive thoughts

by Finkelstein 8 Replies latest social current

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We are now well aware of the shit storm this virus has caused pretty much all over the world but there is going to come a time in the near future when it wont be such a heady news worthy concern.

The reason being is that there are numerous clinical institutions in many countries that are now working on a vaccine, more so than any other deadly contagious virus in human history.

When mankind puts its brain on things usually come of it.

When documented cases start to decline to a certain point governments will start to reduce their imposed restrictions availing people to get back to work, stores reopening , economies cranking up as they once were, normalcy will return.

It will no doubt be a slow restart but the vigor of capitalism will eventually return and this event will be left as a documented event in human history.

I do hope governments will take note of how this virus got started and spread as it did.

A sole person perhaps selling live and dead wild animals in a open public market in Wuhan China , astonishing to think what that one person did to effect the entire human population of 8 billion all over the world.

The monumental amount of pain and suffering this virus has caused in the total number of deaths world wide, the cost by governments to help people financially is unprecedented .

Humanity will recover from it all and in the distant future we will refer this event as the great virus pandemic of 2020.

Take care and be patient my friends for it soon will pass.

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, this will pass.

The 80 trillion dollar question is, will humanity learn something from it? Or will we just repeat the same mistakes when (not if) the next disaster occurs?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing we can take from this particular event is that governments will be better prepared if another outbreak of a virus of this kind should occur.

I hope these governments will have the intelligence, drive and fortitude to make sure it doesn't, at least in the way this one has.

Knowledge makes humanity survive, where ignorance makes humanity suffer and perish.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    A sole person perhaps selling live and dead wild animals in a open public market in Wuhan China , astonishing to think what that one person did to effect the entire human population of 8 billion all over the world.

that was tongue in cheek..wasnt it ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

that was tongue in cheek..wasn't it ?

No from all obtainable information to date this is how this virus jumped from wild animals such as bats to humans in the Wuhan public market.

This video explains further into detail.

There is some over speculation/sensationalism to how many would die from this virus but it was produced about a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7nZ4mw4mXw

• caves
    caves

Have the governments learned anything from prior failures/ or crisis's? I don't see it.

Have the people? Some perhaps, but when the governments stomp people down making them feel unheard or just pass a sweeping law/laws, then people dig in into the ole' handheld entertainment and create their own fantasy world to escape.

I don't see that stopping.

Fink, I feel your intentions are good and in a Utopian society this would be seem to be lovely. I'm just not sure its reality. And that sucks, because I agree with the premise. And I think its good to try and find something positive about this pandemic.

I think change will/could happen one person at a time that impacts them or their family directly. Like it always has.

• caves
    caves

I thought of one.

I'm thinking hospitals will be making sure they have ventilators, face masks and other things that they are running out of. With any luck higher pay for the medical community too. As many are simply quitting because the chump change isn't worth the price they are paying.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fink, I feel your intentions are good and in a Utopian society this would be seem to be lovely.

I'm not asserting we live in a Utopian society but actions based upon reality are facts.

Scientific discoveries have given humanity much more knowledge of the world in which we live. It is through the efforts of finding and creating vaccines to combat contagious viruses were successful, as a vaccine for covid-19 will one day appear.

Eventually the governments of the world are going to investigate how this virus came into the human population, they are not going to be quiet and pass this affair off without strong condemnation and penalties posed against China.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The 80 trillion dollar question is, will humanity learn something from it? Or will we just repeat the same mistakes when (not if) the next disaster occurs?

Will the wet markets such as exist ed in China be banned ? Or will they re-open again once this has all died down ?

If you haven`t yet seen the videos of the wet markets as they operate in China ,then do yourself a favour .You may never want to buy Chinese take-away ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit