My Old Kingdom Hall being merged with TWO other congregations!

by pale.emperor 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This can only be a good sign.

My old congregation in Liverpool has had A LOT of money in it's bank account for years. For a long, long time (almost 8 years) they've been looking for land to build a new hall. The one they're in now is literally falling to bits. Dripping roof, no baby changing room, stained carpets, retro sound system etc. There's a lot of wealthy old people who are dying at a steady rate so although the £££ was flowing for a while it's now drying up. Anyway, when i was still "in" we were all told we have the money to build a hall right now but we just cant find land (they used this on the platform as as proof that Satan's world was attacking our efforts).

I heard this morning that they've sent all that money to Bethel (except about £5,000 +/- they're allowed to keep) and they've been told they're going to be merging with, not one, but TWO, other Kingdom Halls. The congregation is confused and the wealthy members are livid. The other two congregations are quite poor. One has had a new hall built about 3 years ago so they're all going to use that.

Hey presto!, Jehovah provided you with a new hall just like you asked for didn't he?.

Cant get a definite figure on how much was in their bank, but the former account servant who left 2 years ago told me that when he was there it was over £200,000. About 5 old people signed over their will to the KH in the 2000s. Now all that money is at Bethel.

Dont blame them for being upset over this, i'd be seething!!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Ha brilliant! Hope that wakes a few up and their money stays firmly in their pockets from now on.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Yet more news of consolidation. What the heck are the LDC doing as you never hear of a new hall actually being built...
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

pale e - My old congregation in Liverpool has had A LOT of money in it's bank account for years.

I heard this morning that they've sent all that money to Bethel

All in the hands of the rock star popes now to protect paedophiles.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wow that must be sickening for the relatives of the old folks who bequeathed all that cash to the WTS, its clear this is the shape of things to come up and down the country , interesting to hear of other mergings

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Wow!

Of course it is not just the £200k gone, it is the proceeds of the sale of 2 more Kingdom Halls, as well. Where is all the money going?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Of course it is not just the £200k gone, it is the proceeds of the sale of 2 more Kingdom Halls, as well.

Oh yeah, i never thought of that. Maybe His Royal Highness Anthony Morris III needs another condo up in Walkill to fit his big fat head in.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

same here. local hall has now got a buyer--i understand. ( asking price £500.000.

dwindling membership. sharing with 2 other congregations at a hall 10 miles away.

i had 2 at my door recently---and asked them what was to happen with the money---their reply was its to be used to build more halls in other countries ! i put them right about the true use of it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

local hall has now got a buyer--i understand. ( asking price £500.000.

It begs the question, what does one do with a KH they just bought? It'd make a crap house. Offices maybe?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

was for sale as a commercial premises---right next door to tesco superstore, macdonalds, and a large car sales business. a sort of business park area--not at all residential.

i remember it being quick-built. i think most of the congregants have grown old and died off now. very few young ones--just a few born-ins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit